ScienceConfusion
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there, I received my A Level English grade - I got into my firm but went down to a B this year.
Got 13 marks lower in one exam paper than the other, but I felt that they went similarly and throughout the year I was writing the same sort or content but getting As. Would it be possible to go up 13 marks to change my grade?! I know it's an awful lot but I honestly think I scored higher than that as I learnt loads of quotes and exam technique. I would love to hear a remark success story!! (Board is ccea)
keynes24
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hearing a success story from someone won't really help imo. For every success story there would also be a case in which marks went down after the remark. I have worked with an examination board doing remarks a couple of years ago and grades can easily go up or down, there is no pattern but changes depending on the candidate and in my case the changes were minimal.
ScienceConfusion
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by keynes24)
Hearing a success story from someone won't really help imo. For every success story there would also be a case in which marks went down after the remark. I have worked with an examination board doing remarks a couple of years ago and grades can easily go up or down, there is no pattern but changes depending on the candidate and in my case the changes were minimal.
I do remember a girl in my English class going up 11 marks at AS and I've had experiences where the marks have gone up slightly but not changed the overall grade. For me it's the discrepancy between the two papers where this one would be considered the easier paper. Were you with CCEA? Would you recommend that I request a copy of my script and see with my teacher where I should go from there?
ChiFlee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ScienceConfusion)
Hi there, I received my A Level English grade - I got into my firm but went down to a B this year.
Got 13 marks lower in one exam paper than the other, but I felt that they went similarly and throughout the year I was writing the same sort or content but getting As. Would it be possible to go up 13 marks to change my grade?! I know it's an awful lot but I honestly think I scored higher than that as I learnt loads of quotes and exam technique. I would love to hear a remark success story!! (Board is ccea)
Considering you got into your firm I wouldn't worry about it, it won't change anything. However, if it's making you feel bad go for it. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (285)
56.21%
I don't have everything I need (222)
43.79%

Watched Threads