SchoolAside
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey there!

As I'm sure you're aware, results day is almost upon us and I've got a few questions that have been bugging me throughout the holidays and I thought this would be the right place to come to, to get them answered. I'm currently unsure of which sixth form to go to and I was wondering if you can do this:

You want to go to a sixth form but are unsure of which one.

The enrolment times for 'X Sixth Form' is 9am-2pm.
The enrolment times for 'Y Sixth Form' is 3:30pm-4pm.

I go to 'X Sixth Form' and enrol - they accept and all is well. However, I'd rather go to 'Y Sixth Form' and so I enrol - they also accept.

Can I somehow cancel my spot in 'X Sixth Form' and go for 'Y Sixth Form'?

Why even enrol at 'X Sixth Form' when you'd rather enrol at 'Y Sixth Form'? Simply because I'd rather not risk missing out on a place in both sixth forms - if I scrap going to 'X Sixth Form' and places at 'Y Sixth Form' have run out (considerable, as they open their doors for our school at 3:30), what then?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Student78
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SchoolAside)
Hey there!

As I'm sure you're aware, results day is almost upon us and I've got a few questions that have been bugging me throughout the holidays and I thought this would be the right place to come to, to get them answered. I'm currently unsure of which sixth form to go to and I was wondering if you can do this:

You want to go to a sixth form but are unsure of which one.

The enrolment times for 'X Sixth Form' is 9am-2pm.
The enrolment times for 'Y Sixth Form' is 3:30pm-4pm.

I go to 'X Sixth Form' and enrol - they accept and all is well. However, I'd rather go to 'Y Sixth Form' and so I enrol - they also accept.

Can I somehow cancel my spot in 'X Sixth Form' and go for 'Y Sixth Form'?

Why even enrol at 'X Sixth Form' when you'd rather enrol at 'Y Sixth Form'? Simply because I'd rather not risk missing out on a place in both sixth forms - if I scrap going to 'X Sixth Form' and places at 'Y Sixth Form' have run out (considerable, as they open their doors for our school at 3:30), what then?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
You could always just go to both and then ring up later/ visit them again to cancel your place?
JessThomas6
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep I think you can, it happened to my brother with secondary school, you just phone them/go in and see them and say "I'm really sorry but I have a place at Y Sixth Form and I would prefer to go here because...(Insert some sentimental soppy excuse so they can't refuse)" and go to Y Sixth form, they get the picture eventually that you're not going to come tbh, as long as you're getting an education they can't do anything, but they should understand
iloveteddy14
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't worry about cancelling your place at sixth form as they are used to this they don't take it personally. It's just like when you buy something in a shop and take it back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
celloel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is unusual - I applied back in October 2014 and my College offered me a place (subject to achieving the necessary grades). Have your 6th Forms not done the same? If they have, just find out your grades then decide which to enrol at. If not, enrol at both and then phone 6th Form X and say something along the lines of "Hello, I enrolled today but my circumstances have since changed. I will no longer be able to attend this Sixth Form and apologise for any inconvenience caused".
SchoolAside
Rep:
?
(Original post by celloel)
This is unusual - I applied back in October 2014 and my College offered me a place (subject to achieving the necessary grades). Have your 6th Forms not done the same? If they have, just find out your grades then decide which to enrol at. If not, enrol at both and then phone 6th Form X and say something along the lines of "Hello, I enrolled today but my circumstances have since changed. I will no longer be able to attend this Sixth Form and apologise for any inconvenience caused".
Yep that's what they did, I was just unsure about cancelling a place at given sixth form.
SchoolAside
Rep:
?
(Original post by JessThomas6)
Yep I think you can, it happened to my brother with secondary school, you just phone them/go in and see them and say "I'm really sorry but I have a place at Y Sixth Form and I would prefer to go here because...(Insert some sentimental soppy excuse so they can't refuse)" and go to Y Sixth form, they get the picture eventually that you're not going to come tbh, as long as you're getting an education they can't do anything, but they should understand
(Original post by iloveteddy14)
Don't worry about cancelling your place at sixth form as they are used to this they don't take it personally. It's just like when you buy something in a shop and take it back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much for your replies - much appreciated! ^^
celloel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep that's what they did, I was just unsure about cancelling a place at given sixth form.
If they've offered you a place then you don't need to enrol at both. If 6th Form Y have given you a place you are guaranteed to have it if you meet the entry requirements. Enrolment is just a formality.
SchoolAside
Rep:
?
If they've offered you a place then you don't need to enrol at both. If 6th Form Y have given you a place you are guaranteed to have it if you meet the entry requirements. Enrolment is just a formality.
Sixth Form Y opens its doors to our school at 3:30, which by then, nine other schools have already got the chance to enrol there, I was worried that spaces would run out - better safe than sorry, right?
celloel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sixth Form Y opens its doors to our school at 3:30, which by then, nine other schools have already got the chance to enrol there, I was worried that spaces would run out - better safe than sorry, right?
If you've been offered a place already then they've given out as many places as they have. Provided you get the grades you're going there, no matter what time you go for enrolment. In any case, if you feel safer enrolling at both 6th Forms then do it
SchoolAside
Rep:
?
If you've been offered a place already then they've given out as many places as they have. Provided you get the grades you're going there, no matter what time you go for enrolment. In any case, if you feel safer enrolling at both 6th Forms then do it
Makes sense
Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Regent's University London