The Student Room Group

Somewhat confused about my future with A-levels

Hello all,

I received my AS grades and suffice it to say I am really disappointed with my results. I got 4 Cs in English Lit & Lang, History, ICT and Business Studies. I studied properly before the exams and had received AABB results in my mocks with all of my teachers predicting an A or a B.

I am currently pursuing a remark with the exam board because I feel that the work I put in does not equate to the grade I got.

My confusion lies over what I need to do if I want to get in to a good university to do Law. With all the changes to A-levels commencing this year I am unsure whether I can re-take my AS exams next year (assuming the remark does not change anything). Will I have to do the 2 year linear course and have the exam at the end? Or will I be able to, like the past year, sit an AS exam in those 4 subjects?

Essentially, I got 4 Cs at AS level and I felt and still feel that I can achieve much higher results based on my performance throughout the year - what route should I take in order to potentially be considered for, as an example, a university with an ABB entry requirement?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest