jasonfynn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically, I did not get my firm choice and got Lincoln which was my insurance but I never actually visited lincoln but now I have accepted to go Lincoln to study Chemistry. So I was wondering what is the best accomodation and also is there still accomodation available for insurance holders? And also what is the nightlife in Lincoln like?
kaybre96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was also accepted at Lincoln as my insurance choice and they offered me Cathedral Street accommodation. If you applied for accommodation when you applied to the university, in the next day or so they should send an email regarding where they have allocated you!
jbicknell96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jasonfynn)
Basically, I did not get my firm choice and got Lincoln which was my insurance but I never actually visited lincoln but now I have accepted to go Lincoln to study Chemistry. So I was wondering what is the best accomodation and also is there still accomodation available for insurance holders? And also what is the nightlife in Lincoln like?
I also got Lincoln as my Insurance choice and am going to study chemistry too. I've got into the pavilion accommodation, which is nicely refurbished, has the closest access to the new chemistry/science building and sports facilities.
The night life is supposed to be one of the best in the country and there is a night club on campus (the Engine Shed)
jasonfynn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by jbicknell96)
I also got Lincoln as my Insurance choice and am going to study chemistry too. I've got into the pavilion accommodation, which is nicely refurbished, has the closest access to the new chemistry/science building and sports facilities.
The night life is supposed to be one of the best in the country and there is a night club on campus (the Engine Shed)
Thank you! do you know much about the gateway accommodation or hayes wharf accommodation because I am quite undecided and also how long did it take for lincoln to put you in your accommodation?
jbicknell96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not much about gateway but I know Hayes Wharf is by the same company as the pavilions so will be similar but are closer to the city with fewer rooms.
Got my response over the weekend cause I applied for my accommodation on the Friday as soon as I had my confirmation through UCAS. Just waiting for my room/flat number

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cooper253
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
sorry for the hijack guys but I really need to know ASAP, in the Lincoln courts accommodation is there WiFi in the rooms or just wired (Ethernet) connections.

Because on their website it says "wireless internet throughout" but then on their PDF document of all the accomodations it says "WiFi in common areas" and "Wired in bedrooms" so they are contradicting themselves.

Anyone who knows or has lived in the courts can tell me?
accomguru
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wifi in rooms in courts definately

Posted from TSR Mobile
NCM
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, have you managed to get your accommodation sorted? If not, we've got a large bedroom going in a really nice, modern, recently refurbished 4 bed student house in the centre of town. They are currently 3 other Lincoln uni students living there (2 males and 1 female). If you're interested let me know so I can send you more details! :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 30 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed