The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2/FP3

How difficult are these modules? I got AA in both maths and further maths at AS, doing C1/C2/S1 and FP1/M1/D1 with decent percentages in all, except for D1.

I'll be studying just maths, further maths alongside physics - aiming for a physics degree.

If it's noteworthy I found C2 and FP1 both very easy this year, I'm aware there is a step up but by easy I mean I could answer almost any question with no difficulty, but I always make some silly mistakes in exams which are more to do with me just not paying attention.
Reply 1
If the trend of the last two years continues FP3 should provide you with plenty difficulty answering questions in exams (although grade boundaries are very low to make up for this). FP2 papers tend to be easier. However both are more difficult conceptually than FP1; indeed, moreso than C3/C4. I would really advise getting through C3/4 fast if you want to do FP2 and FP3.
Reply 2
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
If the trend of the last two years continues FP3 should provide you with plenty difficulty answering questions in exams (although grade boundaries are very low to make up for this). FP2 papers tend to be easier. However both are more difficult conceptually than FP1; indeed, moreso than C3/C4. I would really advise getting through C3/4 fast if you want to do FP2 and FP3.

My further maths class has already finished C3, probably finish C4 in 4 weeks after term starts. Also my UMS on further maths was closer to 80% so I am not necessarily aiming for 100% on these exams I just want to make sure I can get an A in further maths, and focus on getting higher marks on C3/C4 and / or the applied M2/M3 modules. I just want to settle for 80-85 UMS on FP2/FP3 and get 90-100 on others.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think they are a fair step up from C3 and C4, but the plus side of that is C3 and C4 will seem very easy once you have done FP2 and FP3, if you got AA I would definitely do the 2 further modules - so much more interesting!

Quick Reply

Latest