7almina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello guys, I'm VERY new to TSR but I've always looked at various posts on here.
After results day, my results came back very unexpected.
I got 4 As!! (I'm STILL in shock). However, I'm now in a dilemma.

I don't know which subject to drop...

My results are as follows:
AQA English Literature B - A grade, 180 UMS
Edexcel Government and Politics - A grade, 183 UMS
Edexcel History - A grade, 170 UMS (I panicked because it was my first exam).
OCR Religious Studies/Philosophy and Ethics - A grade 182 UMS

I want to study either politics or history at university so I'm stuck between dropping English Literature and RS. Which will be more beneficial to me in the long run (I'm not too keen on English but everyone's telling me it's more 'traditional' and well respected).

What do you guys think? I'd love to hear your responses!
minaeshi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would drop RS to be honest, as everyone else is saying, it's a traditional subject that's much more respected, you would have a better chance at getting into a uni with that subject. At the same time, If you prefer RS i would say take that subject because you could end up getting a better grade in that subject than in English, which would give you a higher chance of getting into uni anyway!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by minaeshi)
I would drop RS to be honest, as everyone else is saying, it's a traditional subject that's much more respected, you would have a better chance at getting into a uni with that subject. At the same time, If you prefer RS i would say take that subject because you could end up getting a better grade in that subject than in English, which would give you a higher chance of getting into uni anyway!
I agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (591)
34.02%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.45%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads