The Student Room Group
Reply 1
What are you planning to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Spoilt Boy
If a UPC barcode is not scanned in a store will it activate the beeper upon exiting the shop?
I am aware thatbitvwad usually security tages that set off the alarms, but now that barcodes are getting more clever and sneaky, I believe an unscanned barcode will set the store alarm off before you leave the shop?

Yup, I wouldn't risk it..
Reply 3
Yes, when I worked for Tesco they where running a trial on barcodes on high value items and meats. Once the barcode was scanned at the checkout it deactivated the security on the barcode. You can tell a barcode in Tesco that has security built in as it has a yellow lock symbol near it.
My cousins friend stole a tomato as a dare and got caught
dont.

(the security guy drew it for some reason when he got caught wtf)
Why dont you try it and tell us OP
I will love to see the outcome of this one OP just start small though then work your way up

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would have thought no as otherwise things that have been reduced (like food on its use by date) with an extra barcode (or barcodes) would set off the alarm.
When you go for the rob make sure the item is fast moving stock e.g. fruit as that's not worth funding all fruit to be bar coded. If you're robbing electronics be extra careful
Why would you want to know this anyway, just buy the item and save the hassle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForgottenApple
When you go for the rob make sure the item is fast moving stock e.g. fruit as that's not worth funding all fruit to be bar coded. If you're robbing electronics be extra careful

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
They don't go off when I sneak a few grapes and eat them 😜😋 why are you looking to know anyway OP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Celebi899
They don't go off when I sneak a few grapes and eat them 😜😋 why are you looking to know anyway OP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Barcodes are 666 and demonic
Yes. I think so
Reply 14
It definitely works I can tell u how done it myself
Reply 15
I promise it works i did it myself

Latest

Trending

Trending