I got a B in Sociology AS(a level),should I do it at uni?

Watch
2ne1Aaron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I got a B in sociology As-level,(1st year)recently,but for some reason I have been very critical about my self doing it at university,since my predicted grades were a C/D and along with my mock grades being C's and D's,however my research methods has been preety good( B/C),but at the start I hated it.Im really not sure what to do at university,I suppose my daily hobbies and interests relate to sociology,such as browsing articles of sexuality,religion and ethnicity,but still these interests fade away and then come back again,like for real,it just complicates my brain on what I want to do.My career aspirations seems a bit faded aswell,like I want to be social worker but then my mom says that is horrible job for me to get into,because of the stigma attached to it,I have also watched the documentary film "American Promise" on Netflix about two disadvantaged African American boys within the education system,as a black student my self,I felt sympathy and I cried,hence I'm very interested in teaching.Im also interested in social research and statistican careers ever since I enjoyed research methods.Below there is also a questionnaire that I done based on my interests,and how it suits each degree.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  101.0 KB
kemi28
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's clear that you're interested in sociology. The important thing about choosing your degree is choosing it because you're interested in it and not because someone told you to do it. I know what you mean about the interest fading away and that's normal. If you can't imagine yourself doing any other degree than sociology then you know it is defo for you.

About the stigma attached to being a social worker, it doesn't matter. That stigma should be your motivation to become a very good social worker that is not associated with the social worker stereotype
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.16%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.31%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.53%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.43%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.38%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.09%
Financial worries (60)
6.72%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.59%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.27%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.06%

Watched Threads