The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Very Nice, the price per week isn't so bad either...might have been tempted if i had applied to a university in london.

Though it does seem quite elitist.
How pricey is this compared to normal student accomodation in London?

It looks amazing.
Reply 3
highest ive heard pay is 120-140 upwards, but alot of people around the 100 mark.
Reply 4
That doesn't actually seem that bad value. UCL sent me an accommodation booklet, and a lot of them aren't much cheaper than the lowest price there, though I'll bet it's hard to get one at that price.
Reply 5
Completely characterless, I could never live in a place like that. Still, to each their own, I'm sure some people are willing to live there.
Dez
Completely characterless, I could never live in a place like that. Still, to each their own, I'm sure some people are willing to live there.

I totally agree, sems like accommodation is gradually moving away from the traditional experience. It looks really clinical if you ask me-Id be afraid to really touch anything.
Reply 7
I think I've walked past where they are building it now. The area is not very nice but with all the extra things they've got going on around there (maintenance, fitness center etc) I am sure this place will prove to be quite a bomb among many foreign students with their parents cash to spend. Especially when there are not enough student accomodation in London and the rooms they are providing are somewhat normal compared to central London prices anyway.
Reply 8
Dez

Characterless?.....Blimey...what your halls? 19th century grade II listed character cottage ????

last time i looked 90% of halls of residences were either hideous 60's buildings revamped or not at all in some cases..or built within the last 10 years with the attempt of trying to look "contemporary".
If I were going to be a student here next year I'd have gone for it. I'm paying £115/week and living in zone 2. I'd gladly have paid £120 to live in N1. The cheapest studio housing LSE has is £150/week!
Reply 10
pjamesg
Characterless?.....Blimey...what your halls? 19th century grade II listed character cottage ????

last time i looked 90% of halls of residences were either hideous 60's buildings revamped or not at all in some cases..or built within the last 10 years with the attempt of trying to look "contemporary".

Mine looks like a house. You know, like what most people live in, rather than CLASP or something out of The Jetsons.
Reply 11
Sorry if I'm being a bit retarded but where does it say the price? Also, does anyone know any good places to look for student rooms in halls or elsewhere? Other than studentaccommodation.com (in London)

Cheers! :smile:
Reply 12
there is a button 'fees' it comes up under there. Starts from £120 p/w and goes upto £180 p/w
Looks really nice!
Reply 14
mypaperheart
Looks really nice!

Ditto.
I'll be staying in something similar next year near to the Uni i go to, will cost £127 a week!! But i wouldn't go to it for my first year, rather go to more 'typical' halls

-x-
Reply 16
I think its pretty horrendous!!

I'd hate to share a room with someone, i need my own space and i wouldnt like to live in what appears to be a box either. That room looks slightly smaller than the one i have at halls and they've managed to squeeze a kitchen in it! I'm impressed by them being able to fit what they have into such a small space but i prefer a bit of space to breathe personally!!
I just couldn't give up my double bed!

Also, you only get to share a kitchen if you share a bedroom and bathroom? How would you make friends?
shady lane
If I were going to be a student here next year I'd have gone for it. I'm paying £115/week and living in zone 2. I'd gladly have paid £120 to live in N1. The cheapest studio housing LSE has is £150/week!

120 is the price you pay to share a room, I think...
Reply 19
I guess its nice if you have the cash. I'd be worried it wouldn't be as.... fun? as normal halls in the sense of getting to mix with people from lots of different backgrounds.

Latest

Trending

Trending