The Student Room Group

Dropping out of Uni

So i decided to study aerospace engineering at university and have been here for the last two years. I failed my first year and retook the modules i failed in the 2nd year but it looks like i am going to fail one of my exams and be required to withdraw from uni. Has this happened to anyone? If so what happened and do you know if it is possible to reapply to a different course?
Original post by JamesGSwan
So i decided to study aerospace engineering at university and have been here for the last two years. I failed my first year and retook the modules i failed in the 2nd year but it looks like i am going to fail one of my exams and be required to withdraw from uni. Has this happened to anyone? If so what happened and do you know if it is possible to reapply to a different course?

You'd need to fund one year yourself if you were to do another degree.
Reply 2
Dropping out of uni of your own volition is a bit different to being withdrawn from your course. There's nothing to stop you applying for a new course (although as Roving Fish says, you would have to fund most of the first year yourself, including the tuition fees). However, you need to ask yourself whether you could find anyone at your current uni who could provide a decent academic reference. Having effectively failed the first year twice, that must be a bit of a longshot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending