Secret document exposes David Cameron's EU renegotiation plot-fake row with France

Watch
Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Secret documents leak exposing David Cameron's EU renegotiation plot

-Cameron is planning a fake row with France in February to get voters to vote to stay in the EU
-The document also shows he will campaign to stay in at any cost
-Document admits the UK will not get any significant reform & the plan is to downplay hopes of reform
-Cameron wants to stage more fake rows with other EU nations to make it appear he is fighting for change

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...nch-government
pallbearer122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Cameron was supposed to grab francoise hollande's wifes boobs while pretending to be drunk and get slapped across the face twice with a pair of leather gloves, followed by a duel request. Then they would laugh it off in the morning over a caffe and pain au chocalat.
tc92
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It doesn't take an expert to see that many of these 'revelations' are fairly predictable, and have been going on for months. Look at the fuss of the EU budget & Britain's "underpayment", the installation of JC Juncker, or the fiscal treaty veto: Cameron kicks up a fuss, fighting for ol' Blighty, and Brussels carries on much the same. We still coughed up the money we "owed", Juncker still got into office, the fiscal reforms were just implemented anyway without passing into a treaty. That's politics. Just like Miliband picking fights with the unions to show he wasn't just Red Ed, while still taking union funding.

We know the prospects of *significant* reforms are slim, especially any reforms prior to the referendum (a vague promise of future treaty changes may crop up, along the same desperate lines of 'The Vow' in Scotland). Cameron's yet to set out detailed renegotiation demands, rightly or wrongly, so he'll be able to claim he's succeeded regardless - but that was always going to happen, and it's not that much of a scandal to discover it.
TheCitizenAct
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They'll all destroy western civilisation eventually.

Everything in modern politics is perception, it's about controlling the narrative. Stick people into groups ('white men', 'women', 'far-right', 'LGBT', 'feminists', 'minority groups', etc.), exploit negative narratives ('racism', 'xenophobia', 'rape culture', 'the pay gap', 'Islamophobia', etc.) then pit them all off against each other.

Everybody wins, except the electorate.

What I want from my politicians is pretty simple.

1. Everyone should be treated equally.
2. Morality should be applied absolutely, consistently and to individuals, not groups.
3. NATIONAL sovereignty.
4. NATIONAL unity.
5. A balanced budget.

Invariably, as far as most progressives - like Cameron - are concerned, this makes me a 'radical.' 99% of people in the electorate won't even realise how often they contradict the basic standards listed above.
Ace123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by tc92)
It doesn't take an expert to see that many of these 'revelations' are fairly predictable, and have been going on for months. Look at the fuss of the EU budget & Britain's "underpayment", the installation of JC Juncker, or the fiscal treaty veto: Cameron kicks up a fuss, fighting for ol' Blighty, and Brussels carries on much the same. We still coughed up the money we "owed", Juncker still got into office, the fiscal reforms were just implemented anyway without passing into a treaty. That's politics. Just like Miliband picking fights with the unions to show he wasn't just Red Ed, while still taking union funding.

We know the prospects of *significant* reforms are slim, especially any reforms prior to the referendum (a vague promise of future treaty changes may crop up, along the same desperate lines of 'The Vow' in Scotland). Cameron's yet to set out detailed renegotiation demands, rightly or wrongly, so he'll be able to claim he's succeeded regardless - but that was always going to happen, and it's not that much of a scandal to discover it.
David Cameron will never get significant reform in a million years at best he will get a limit on immigrant benefits, the major issues such as limiting free movement, controlling UK fishing waters, leaving the CAP, EU budget costs the EU will never reform

Lets hope British voters aren't stupid enough to vote to stay in & see through David Cameron's spin & lies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (2)
100%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (0)
0%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (0)
0%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (0)
0%
I haven't started researching yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (0)
0%

Watched Threads