The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Keele or Leicester - decision by tonight! Unsure of degree and suppresse my gap year!

Hi! So, I was on a gap year from 2014-2015, as I wasn't ready to move to Hull after failing to secure my conditional offer at the University of Birmingham... I wasn't sure on my course.

One year later, come clearing/results day.. I am still unsure.

I applied for English literature and History at Keele (been offered my place) however, I like the look of Leicester and it is higher up in the leagues for my course. I thought Keele would be good as it has more options to change my course to something else (if I am unhappy, and this makes me feel secure) and it offers a term abroad - which is amazing! The course at Leicester is slightly more appealing, it has a year abroad - but I am looking to apply for postgraduate in medicine straight after uni.. Yes, know, a big change! But I regret not selecting Science A levels. I don't want to retake A levels and I do want a degree to be a teacher at some point if all else fails.

I will commute to both universities from Birmingham, by train although I will visit and see how far it is - if it is, indeed 'doable.'

I am unsure if this is the degree for me.. I am scared I can't get into the swing of reading, the workload, the degree actually being for me, unfortunately, I don't have a SET career in mind, so I selected this degree as it would enable me to have an open future. People are saying it's pointless and that is FREAKING me out.

Having worked retail jobs, I HAVE to go uni, lol.

So, Keele or Leicester.. Is it natural to not be 100% passionate with my degree but happy with it, if that makes sense? Nothing else interest me apart from medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest