The Student Room Group

Anyone else resitting A Levels (Year13)?

Scroll to see replies

II
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by dafydd888
Soo happy to find this chat! Resitting year 13 after suffering from anxiety and panic attacks from pushing myself too hard meant I didn't take my exams last year, I was gutted because I had an offer for dentistry and was predicted A*A*A. Anyone else feeling lonely if your like me and gone back to school/college on your own? Happy to know I'm not by myself :smile:

Hey I am in a similar situation as you right now. How do I go about not taking my a levels this year and take it next year?
Original post by Shadowstorm99
Hey I am in a similar situation as you right now. How do I go about not taking my a levels this year and take it next year?

Talk to your school/college as you would have to agree anything with them.
Original post by do_odle
Biology and Chemistry were a nightmare this year.

How are they a nightmare? I'm planning on taking them next year. Could anyone give me advice pls on a q i've posted as a new discussion.
Original post by MKaur18
How are they a nightmare? I'm planning on taking them next year. Could anyone give me advice pls on a q i've posted as a new discussion.

The post you asked about was from 2015 and referred to an older specification than the one you're studying so won't really be relevant.
Original post by Compost
The post you asked about was from 2015 and referred to an older specification than the one you're studying so won't really be relevant.

I asked about revising maths and physics. I'm still getting just about E's and I am revising. I'm not sure what to do now... especially for Physics.
Reply 406
I'm resitting some of my as maths papers, if I do worse this year do they keep that score or just use my highest one ?
Original post by amw22
I'm resitting some of my as maths papers, if I do worse this year do they keep that score or just use my highest one ?

Your best attempt at any unit is the one that counts.
Hows everyone getting with their revision?
Hey man could you please give me some advice on my situation. I am in year 13 and I am seeing a therapist due to depression and anxiety. I really do not want to take my exams this year but I am very scared that universities will think badly of my for not siting my exams when I am supposed to. And how did you convince your school to let you take your exams a year later?
I would really mean a lot if you can help me, I didn't think anyone had a similar situation to me but after seeing your reply on this thread I have a bit of hope things might go my way.
Thanks in advance
Hey man could you please give me some advice on my situation. I am in year 13 and I am seeing a therapist due to depression and anxiety. I really do not want to take my exams this year but I am very scared that universities will think badly of my for not siting my exams when I am supposed to. And how did you convince your school to let you take your exams a year later?
I would really mean a lot if you can help me, I didn't think anyone had a similar situation to me but after seeing your reply on this thread I have a bit of hope things might go my way.

Does your school know of your problems? If this is the first they've heard of it then it is almost certainly a lost cause. It's too late for the school to get the entry fee back so, unless they are well aware of your problems, they are almost bound to tell you to give it a go as there is nothing to lose.

Which subjects are you taking? If you are taking an modular subjects where this is the last proper year for them (RS, French, German, Spanish, Geography...) then you may not be allowed to take them next year (as it's for re-sits only) if you don't attempt them this year.

I suggest you talk to your school as soon as possible as any decision will have to be made with them.
Thanks in advance

Get your treatment bro and take that year off as a gap year and later on when the UNI will ask you what you were upto during that year then you can explain them your situation.
Resitting AS levels(CIE) again (just the exams), got a C D D, in Maths, Chem and Physics respectively. Any advice anyone?

Also my school does not allow resit's so what if I give my AS level from another centre as a private candidate and give A2 from my school, how do I make sure my final results are based off my AS resit results?
Did anyone resit the ECON2 today?
Is anyone re - sitting AQA A-Level Biology (old spec) UNIT 1, 2, 4 & 5? Just wondering about any predictions!
Original post by Bells1971
Is anyone re - sitting AQA A-Level Biology (old spec) UNIT 1, 2, 4 & 5? Just wondering about any predictions!

Yep, unit 1 tomorrow 😭😭 any predictions on topics??
Good luck btw x
Original post by naomi288
I'm feeling the exact same as you because I thought this year's core 3 and 4 exam were terribly hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey naomi, how did your econ3 resitgo? i'm resiting the last exam sitting ever for this spec. i got a C last year, need an A* overall (currently at a B lol need 95ums) any advise on what would get me to 100ums?
Original post by ashley8982
Yep, unit 1 tomorrow 😭😭 any predictions on topics??
Good luck btw x

How was it in relation to other papers? Theres no difference between resit and past papers? Did you notice any changes?
Original post by gcooney4
How was it in relation to other papers? Theres no difference between resit and past papers? Did you notice any changes?

It wasn't too bad but I know I defiantly made silly mistakes. I'm really worried for unit 2 tho
Hey my resit last year for econ3 went really well thanks. Ended up with 93 UMS which was really surprising since I thought the exam went terrible. My only advice is to just keep learning your stuff. Think of some good general evaluation points that you could use for your exam. Make sure you expand/analyse your answers thoroughly. Keep in mind of some current affairs also that you could bring up into your exam to impress the examiner. Reading examiners reports as well as marks schemes helps you understand what students' weaknesses are and what Examiners look for. Just keep practicing writing essays because I ended up using a similar essay that I had previously written and adjusted it a bit for the exam question I was sitting.

Good luck for your exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest