Verbs in Spanish. Watch

Cal1999
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi all,

I wonder if you could help me.

I am currently trying to learn Spanish verbs - with great difficulty - I usually learn all of my vocabulary on QUIZLET; however, I am finding it extremely challenging with the verbs - I am just finding them so hard to learn.

Does anybody recommend an easier way that I can learn them?

At the moment, I am not getting very far at all.

I would really appreciate any help that I can get.

Thank you and Kind Regards.
ewil
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd try to learn all the ending sets for each tense for each type of verb ending on paper - AR/ER/IR and present/preterite/imperfect/future/conditional are the basics in I/you/he-she-it/we/you-plural/they. Perhaps make up a rhyme or write them out a lot of times. Eventually, it will just stick. Are you trying to supplement learning in school/college, or just for fun at home?
wobuaini
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
buy a dictionary and learn read the verb tables over and over again . It has to be done or you can't maintain a conversation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
chester.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not familiar with Quizlet, but if you haven't tried it yet, give DuoLingo a go. It's free and fantastic.
What exactly are you finding tricky with the verbs? Just remembering the conjugations? I would be reluctant to recommend learning off tables of verbs as it doesn't help when it comes to fluency when speaking. You'll be caught up trying to remember and/or translate verbs you've memorised in table form. If you want to say in Spanish 'Every Tuesday she dances' you don't want to begin reciting 'bailo, bailas, baila...' until you find the conjugation you want. I'd recommend studying what the regular endings are for a very short time (they're easy to remember!), but then begin pretty soon thereafter practising forming sentences in context, not just rhyming off 'I cook, you cook, she cooks, we cook etc' in Spanish. Try finding a Spanish penpal, use DuoLingo as it's great for translations and reading etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (17)
14.41%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (8)
6.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (24)
20.34%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (19)
16.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (14)
11.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (36)
30.51%

Watched Threads