Any Russians here? Watch

This discussion is closed.
IZZY!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hi guys, just out of interest, i am wondering if there are any Russians here as I have lived in russian-speaking country calledKazahstan 7 years. So i would be happy to continue practising Russia, as I am finking to do GCSE Russian in order to get extra A or A*. I would be happy to be friends with Russian speaking guys.lol
Thanks a lot
Sonata
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
yep I do speak russian
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I speak Russian too...
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sonata, what does your signature mean???
IZZY!
Rep:
?
(Original post by lovely_girl)
Sonata, what does your signature mean???
kool, so how long hav u been in uk?i am as well not originally from here.
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, I moved to the UK when I was 3!! But I still speak Russian at home :rolleyes: , and i did GCSE Russian in year 9...Hmmm, my dad used to live in Kazahstan! So where are you from originally? Kazahstan?

Actually, I was going to start a Russian society here, just like the French, German, Spanish and Italian ones...but I guess nobody wanted to support me!
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Well, I moved to the UK when I was 3!! But I still speak Russian at home :rolleyes: , and i did GCSE Russian in year 9...Hmmm, my dad used to live in Kazahstan! So where are you from originally? Kazahstan?

Actually, I was going to start a Russian society here, just like the French, German, Spanish and Italian ones...but I guess nobody wanted to support me!
Yep, my dad is originally from Kazahstan, my mom is from Greece, so as my dad is from kazahstan I had to live there. So wat did u get in your GCSE Russian? I would support Russian society!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!!!.lol!
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ohhh, cool....well, my dad is 1/2 Russian, 1/2 Armenian...and my mother is 100% Armenian, but we speak russian at home...i don't even speak Armenian! :eek:
So did you live in Alma-ata or somewhere else???
Just in case you wanted to know...i was born in Dushanbe, Tajikistan(Kazahstan's neighbour!yay) :rolleyes: , but i moved to Moscow and lived there for 3 years...and then came to England...
So...do you want to be a member of the Russian society?
IZZY!
Rep:
?
ohhh, cool....well, my dad is 1/2 Russian, 1/2 Armenian...and my mother is 100% Armenian, but we speak russian at home...i don't even speak Armenian! :eek:
So did you live in Alma-ata or somewhere else???
Just in case you wanted to know...i was born in Dushanbe, Tajikistan(Kazahstan's neighbour!yay) :rolleyes: , but i moved to Moscow and lived there for 3 years...and then came to England...
So...do you want to be a member of the Russian society?
kool, by the way i have lived in kazahstan for 7 years, then 6 years in Kyrghyzstan, which is the neighbour of Tajikistan, quite nice country with nice nature. I want to become a member. by the way u didnt tell me what did u get in ur GCSE RUssian and could u tell me where hav u done the exam and how much did u pay for it?.
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ohh cool, i have friends from Bishkek...
umm I got an A* in russian....hmmm, it's really easy, just as long as you can speak Russian(and you can!)...the speaking exam is extremely easy(I didn't even know I had to do a presentation, and I got away with it...i just made it up on the spot), listening and reading are quite easy...
erm...when I was in year 9, I couldn't write in Russian AT ALL, but i still managed to get an A*!!! I don't even know how....probably cause of the other components(listening, etc) :rolleyes:
Anyhow, I did it at my school, and it was free...although i had to go to another school for the speaking...but they didn't charge me...
JamesF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by IZZY!)
hi guys, just out of interest, i am wondering if there are any Russians here as I have lived in russian-speaking country calledKazahstan 7 years. So i would be happy to continue practising Russia, as I am finking to do GCSE Russian in order to get extra A or A*. I would be happy to be friends with Russian speaking guys.lol
Thanks a lot
I speak fluent russian, (and french, spanish, italian, latin, greek and japanese) - so if you want any help I'm an expert. Add me on MSN if you would like to speak some Russian together.
Spc_K
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm 100% russian, left Moscow when i was 6. I didn't know there's a load of russians on here yeay or at least kinda russians or even people who have the russia keyboard layout !!! i don't... spend too much time pressing keys trying to find the right damn letter...

I can't write russian very well, happy with reading but slow... fluent speaking but frustrating on account of only 2 ways per 20 i could use to express same thing in english... apparently i have a strange way of putting things, it's not even like they think aww foreigner, they just think... something not quite right with him... hmmm..

Oh and Sonata's signture is (i think)

"Water is not our motto, ours is alcohol"
Cossack
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hello...im not russian but i live in moscow at the moment...and have travelled to loads of the republics...specially likes Almaty, Baku and Bishkek...Im going to Ashgabad (Turkmenistan) on thursday, which im looking forward to but am not really sure what to expect ...ne 1 been there b4?

paka
Cossack
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i dont understand sonatas signature either (my russianss oochen ploka) is it something about our water?
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cossack)
hello...im not russian but i live in moscow at the moment...and have travelled to loads of the republics...specially likes Almaty, Baku and Bishkek...Im going to Ashgabad (Turkmenistan) on thursday, which im looking forward to but am not really sure what to expect ...ne 1 been there b4?

paka
my parents have been to Ashgabad...it's a nice place...or at least it was...hope you enjoy your stay there! what are you going to do there, any plans?
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Spc_K)
I'm 100% russian, left Moscow when i was 6. I didn't know there's a load of russians on here yeay or at least kinda russians or even people who have the russia keyboard layout !!! i don't... spend too much time pressing keys trying to find the right damn letter...

I can't write russian very well, happy with reading but slow... fluent speaking but frustrating on account of only 2 ways per 20 i could use to express same thing in english... apparently i have a strange way of putting things, it's not even like they think aww foreigner, they just think... something not quite right with him... hmmm..

Oh and Sonata's signture is (i think)

"Water is not our motto, ours is alcohol"
join the russian society then!!!
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JamesF)
I speak fluent russian, (and french, spanish, italian, latin, greek and japanese) - so if you want any help I'm an expert. Add me on MSN if you would like to speak some Russian together.
again, join the russian society...if you want to!
IZZY!
Rep:
?
again, join the russian society...if you want to!
y did u block me in msn?i wont be distracting u, plz unblock me!!!!!!!
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by IZZY!)
y did u block me in msn?i wont be distracting u, plz unblock me!!!!!!!
I'm sorry.... I know you won't...im actually offline(on msn)...because everyone is distracting me! And now this...<sighs>....
I'll talk to you tomorrow
IZZY!
Rep:
?
I'm sorry.... I know you won't...im actually offline(on msn)...because everyone is distracting me! And now this...<sighs>....
I'll talk to you tomorrow
ok, no problem. i m going now to bed,lol, good night to u and every1,lol,2moro is a hard day, i have a science exam.Lovely girl, I wish u luck wiv ur exams.cya 2moro bye
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1526)
79.27%
Leave (399)
20.73%

Watched Threads