Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do you revise because when I ask my friends most of them say they just read through their notes. I don't find this effective at all, and don't think it's really revision. You....?

ReputationRep:
    Read, write, forget, re-read, maybe re-write if it's complicated...oh and some stuff I write on post-it notes and stick around my room so it can never escape me...I learnt the tests for anions and cations this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    How do you revise because when I ask my friends most of them say they just read through their notes. I don't find this effective at all, and don't think it's really revision. You....?
    in the least minute.

ReputationRep:
    I find normal conservative reading exstremely boring! The best way I try to revise is to actively read, where you basically get a number of dfferent high-lighters and a pen, high-light all the key bits that you want to remember and add any additional notes i.e. examples or translations

hope this helps...
    good luck in all your exams

ReputationRep:
    I do lots and lots of past papers. I do maths, f.maths and physics though so i can do that and it works. I'd hate to do english or any of those other arty subjects.

ReputationRep:
    For maths, i answer ppls questions on here.
    For the other subjects, i just read through the textbook.

ReputationRep:
    hiya

well i revise by doing lost of past papers any questions

get people (family and friends) to ask me stuff to explain something this helps

and as i have a picture memory i cant take in text at all

i do mind maps liek spider diagrams things like that

but it depend on the course see i do IT (thats easy for me i revise by drawing things diagrams spider diagrams and that)

geo that has case studys (if need help there i made web site with all my case studies i did something i like doind web deisgn to help enjoy revising)

then graphics thats a hard one ( i done paper questions ) i find radom things in the house products and wrote like a specification on it and how it would be made what made out of

doing things i to to revise helps me mite u just depend on your subject and how your mind works

i also have msn conversations with my class mates where we ask each other things about that subject which helps if u know you explain to them just as you would do in an exam to an examiner and if u dont know you can ask your mates so this is cool (one bad thing is you can get distracted)

if you need any help with ways of revising ask me i had lots of ways that teachers have told me about.

(Original post by Cellardore)
    I find normal conservative reading exstremely boring! The best way I try to revise is to actively read, where you basically get a number of dfferent high-lighters and a pen, high-light all the key bits that you want to remember and add any additional notes i.e. examples or translations

hope this helps...
    good luck in all your exams
    yeh me too then i make millions of spider diagrams and sometimes rewrite notes

ReputationRep:
    I tell myself I'm going to revise, then don't, then the night before I cram as much info in as I can, get worried, don't remember anything and mess up the exam. Anyway, back to cramming for my exams tomorrow...

-=X=-

ReputationRep:
    i don't! started revising for bio and geo on friday, they're both tomorrow... ahh!

ReputationRep:
    well done

ReputationRep:
    Make notes, say notes outloud, write notes again. Go over. Go over. Go over. I'm a slow learner.

ReputationRep:
    I like to type up and rewrite my notes That seems to work best for me

The only problem is concentrating :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I read books and look at exam papers. I don't like reading my notes much.

Do what works for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me2)
    i don't! started revising for bio and geo on friday, they're both tomorrow... ahh!

Lol! That's exactly the same as me! I started revising geog on friday too, and science! I'm cramming today for my exams tomorrow!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Past papers... see what kind of things theyre asking for then learn the basics. Look at more papers after that.

ReputationRep:
    Rewrite my notes onto A5 paper and put them on the wall. Then try revision guide exercises/examQ's and past papers.

i sit in the garden all afternoon and read a study guide and scribble all over it in pink pen: today it was york notes advanced wuthering heights...i dont care that im ruining a book that someone else could reuse..if it means i can scrape through the exam then im happy

ReputationRep:
    I hate how sumtimes I can seem to absorb huge amounts of information and then today I write out my notes 3 or 4 times and if you were to ask my a question on them 15 mins later I wouldnt have a clue ... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg gggggh

ReputationRep:
    Type out notes and memorise them a a few days before the exam- or for Maths past papers and questions on here

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.