Bartosiewicz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi everyone

Maybe somebody can give some advice..
Im living in UK 2 years,I volunteer before in hospitals abroad and came to UK to try to study Medicine.
I went to work as a health care assistant,doing my NVQ level 2 combine with level 3 and to have some experience here in UK.

I went to Uclan to find out what steps shall i take to make an appplictaion ,I ve been told i cannot make an application couse it will be rejected if they see Im Polish.
I cannot understand that,i feel discriminated.

I dont know what to do further,shall try and make an application anyway?
I have A level from english,maths.
If is neccesary im ready to go for rufther A level eductaion and all others qualifictaion to become a med student.

Has had anybody like that issue?

I thought to try on others uni,but im decide go to Uclam,couse i have a litlle kid and dont wanna change place of living ( for all who have a concers ,I m very organized and motivated person ,im not afraid study when i have a kid)

regards
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bartosiewicz)
hi everyone

Maybe somebody can give some advice..
Im living in UK 2 years,I volunteer before in hospitals abroad and came to UK to try to study Medicine.
I went to work as a health care assistant,doing my NVQ level 2 combine with level 3 and to have some experience here in UK.

I went to Uclan to find out what steps shall i take to make an appplictaion ,I ve been told i cannot make an application couse it will be rejected if they see Im Polish.
I cannot understand that,i feel discriminated.

I dont know what to do further,shall try and make an application anyway?
I have A level from english,maths.
If is neccesary im ready to go for rufther A level eductaion and all others qualifictaion to become a med student.

Has had anybody like that issue?

I thought to try on others uni,but im decide go to Uclam,couse i have a litlle kid and dont wanna change place of living ( for all who have a concers ,I m very organized and motivated person ,im not afraid study when i have a kid)

regards
UCLan is only for international students (non uk/eu) and charges £36k a year. You will not qualify for it, they are not discriminating against you personally.
If you want to pursue medicine unfortunately it would mean moving to whichever school you get in to. You don't currently have the necessary qualifications (you need a-level chesmitry) so have a look at medicine access courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads