I've just found out I didn't get into halls! Watch

Jessecharlotte
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm a 2015 fresher going to Brighton (grande parade) and I haven't been offered a place in halls. I don't know what to do!! Anyone else?
pauly9090
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jessecharlotte)
I'm a 2015 fresher going to Brighton (grande parade) and I haven't been offered a place in halls. I don't know what to do!! Anyone else?
Get in touch with Brighton uni, and see if they can offer you accommodation advice. Stuff like this is what the student unions exist for, so try to get in contact and see if they can help. Have you been outright rejected, or just not heard from them? Maybe clarify that first, I'm not from Brighton uni so I'm not sure how they work with accommodation.

But if you do need to find accommodation in Brighton, there will be *loads* of students in the same position, so don't worry! There are tons of empty rooms around Brighton, you'll find something
Purple~Dolphin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is there a guarantee that you should've got halls?
If not though, I'd say first look at their website for any advice, or perhaps links to private accomodation.
Also on the freshers page for my uni there's been a few people posting about looking for another flatmate. So it'd be with second years but that might be easiest and cheaper.
Another thought is if you're on the freshers facebook page, put it up asking if anyone else is in the same position, maybe you could all flat share together?
Purple~Dolphin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
good point from @pauly9090 have you been told you've not got accomdation in halls (what i thought you were saying) or are you just still waiting for an offer? If the second, I haven't got an offer yet from my uni It's still early days
AverageExcellence
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah ring uni and ask for advice, there are bound to be some drop outs in the first month so im sure you can still find something otherwise just get a room rent, theres bound to be plenty in brighton
Jessecharlotte
Rep:
?
Thank you! Yes, I did get an email from them saying that I was unsuccessful. They've offered help which I'll look into. I'm happy to house share even with older students it's just the finding them in time that I'm worried about! I'll contact the university as well 😊
-milkteeth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I didn't get into halls either. Are you looking for a housemate????
Georgie Galling
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi i didn't get into halls and are looking for housemates
Jessecharlotte
Rep:
?
(Original post by -milkteeth;[url="tel:58582367")
58582367[/url]]Hi, I didn't get into halls either. Are you looking for a housemate????
Hi! Yes I think so!! I don't know if there is a thing to do with the university you go through to find a house/housemates? Are you going to Grande Parade?
-milkteeth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They have an event that's meant to help you get some sort of insight into renting privately but I'm not too sure on their helping students find housemates.. The email they sent me only gave a link for available houses. One other girl and I are going to be studying at the Falmer campus and are looking for more housemates 😄
leecharlesd
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I'm in a similar position and I'm also studying at Grand Parade (Graphic design) and I was offered a place in Varley halls which is quite far away from the campus. I'm not sure what to do now haha but I think flat/house share would be better if it is nearer to grand parade, please feel free to message me if you want
amylouisehobbs
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think around a third of students don't get accommodation so don't worry because a lot of people are in the same boat as you! tbh, I'm a bit disappointed with the email Brighton sent because it didn't really give a lot of information about what to do now you haven't got any accommodation :/ My friend and I are looking for roommates to share a house with so if you are interested you can message me
Jessecharlotte
Rep:
?
Thanks both of you! I've only just seen this. I've managed to find a group to find a house so hopefully that will work out. The university hasn't been very helpful at all, I found them on facebook. Good luck!! X
Antoniapackham
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks both of you! I've only just seen this. I've managed to find a group to find a house so hopefully that will work out. The university hasn't been very helpful at all, I found them on facebook. Good luck!! X
Hi, i also didnt get into halls!! Is there any chance you have room for one more in your group?!
SirKyrgystan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi guys! I went through clearing and have the same issue with student accommodation. I'll be studying Chemistry at Mouslecoomb/Huxley campus.

Would anyone be interested in moving in together?

I've found a few great properties but they're with estate agents who want to accommodate a group rather than individual room-lets.

Email me at [personal details removed] or DM me on here if you're up for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads