The Student Room Group

Are there holiday dates in October? Or should I bring my Xbox to Uni?

Scroll to see replies

i am off to uni of sheffield and it dosent block the internet connections on console at all, in fact there is even a webpage dedicated to helping people set up their consoles
Original post by theperformer
I have a bit of a dilemma; Halo 5 is being released on October 27th (Tuesday). And of course, I have to play it; so out of curiosity are there holiday dates at that time anyway?

If not, should I bring my Xbox to Uni? Will I get time to use it and does Xbox live work at Uni?

It depends on the university you are at when you get time off. Most univerisites follow a similar structure but they can still differ.

I took my Xbox 360 to university in my first year. I didn't play it as much as I'd hoped. For one my internet in halls was terrible so I could barely ever connect to go on Live with my friends and also due to the network they used it had to be a wired connection and then you had to change some options so your wireless would share it's network with the wired. Complicated, but long story short, I always played offline for the most part! It's worth taking it to university because it gives you something to do from time to time. You'll just have to see about the internet when you get there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending