The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

lower grades than expected

This is so stupid but the more I am reflecting on it the more I think QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST rejected me because i have a learning difficulty.

anyone got into any course this year with lower entry requirements.
That's terrible... I was thinking of applying to queen's. What course did you want to do and what grades did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Drama. 60% access
Any stories I've heard of Queen's the past week is that even if the person is one grade away, they didn't get in (AAB/ABB).

I doubt it was because of your learning difficulties. If you met the required grades then they would have accepted you, if not then they have every right to deny anyone who didn't fulfill the requirements. I have no idea the requirements Queen's had (In terms of an Access Course) for Drama but if you didn't meet those requirements, doesn't it make sense that's why you weren't accepted? Not discrimination?
Reply 4
Normally Queens and Ulster will let people in that missed by one or two grades but due to the cuts in funding by the government places have been significantly reduced so if you didn't meet your required grades exactly this year, you didn't get in :frown: I only know this as I phoned Queens and Ulster and they explained the situation this year is completely different from previous years due to financial cuts :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest