Is it true that you can only apply for one UAL college?

Watch
minaeshi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was talking to one of my friends about what Uni I would like to go to after finishing my A-Levels and then doing a one year foundation diploma in fashion, and she mentioned that you're only allowed to pick one UAL college when applying on UCAS. Is this true? I would like to have the chance to apply to CSM as well as LCF, so I'll be pretty bummed if this is the case.

Please let me know soon!
University of the Arts London
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by minaeshi)
I was talking to one of my friends about what Uni I would like to go to after finishing my A-Levels and then doing a one year foundation diploma in fashion, and she mentioned that you're only allowed to pick one UAL college when applying on UCAS. Is this true? I would like to have the chance to apply to CSM as well as LCF, so I'll be pretty bummed if this is the case.

Please let me know soon!
Hi minaeshi,

Which course specifically were you thinking of applying for? It's true that you can only apply for one FAD course at UAL, but London College of Fashion don't offer an FAD, so I was wondering if it was perhaps another qualification at LCF you were looking at?

Alex
minaeshi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by University of the Arts London)
Hi minaeshi,

Which course specifically were you thinking of applying for? It's true that you can only apply for one FAD course at UAL, but London College of Fashion don't offer an FAD, so I was wondering if it was perhaps another qualification at LCF you were looking at?

Alex
Thanks for replying!
My plan was to take a FAD (this one in particular) for a year, and then take a 3/4 course in either Fashion Communication at CSM, or Creative Direction for Fashion at LCF. Ideally I would like to apply to both, but I heard that you can only apply for one UAL college which confused me a little..
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by minaeshi)
Thanks for replying!
My plan was to take a FAD (this one in particular) for a year, and then take a 3/4 course in either Fashion Communication at CSM, or Creative Direction for Fashion at LCF. Ideally I would like to apply to both, but I heard that you can only apply for one UAL college which confused me a little..
You can only apply for one Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at UAL. Because you're interested in fashion, Central Saint Martins Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (the one you're already looking at) is best as it has a Fashion and Textiles pathway you can apply to.

Once you've done your Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, you would be able to apply for more than one Undergraduate degree at UAL so could apply for both Fashion Communication at Central Saint Martins and Creative Direction for Fashion at London College of Fashion. You apply for our Undergraduate courses though UCAS so if you applied to 2 UAL Colleges that would be 2 of your 5 UCAS choices.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you've got any more questions.

Kate
lavenderb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

I have a question.

Can you apply to both a CSM Foundation Course AND an undergraduate UAL course? I am a sixth former studying BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Art & Design and want the safety net of another course near London if I don't get on to the CSM Foundation Course.

Thanks.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lavenderb)
Hi,

I have a question.

Can you apply to both a CSM Foundation Course AND an undergraduate UAL course? I am a sixth former studying BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Art & Design and want the safety net of another course near London if I don't get on to the CSM Foundation Course.

Thanks.
Hi lavenderb,

Yes, you can apply to undergraduate courses as well as the foundation course. It won't effect your application for either course and its a great way to keep your options open.

Kate
lavenderb
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by University of the Arts London)
Hi lavenderb,

Yes, you can apply to undergraduate courses as well as the foundation course. It won't effect your application for either course and its a great way to keep your options open.

Kate
Hi Kate,

Thanks, this is really helpful
rory301
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hello im also doing a btec extended diploma in art and design and want to apply straight on to a undergraduate in either fashion visual merchandise and branding or creative direction for fashion both at lcf im just check I can apply for both
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
27.4%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.22%
No I am happy with my choice (84)
57.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
6.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed