emilydavies1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've been offered a job in greggs and my induction day is tomorrow, i was just wondering if i'll have to do any talking or anything like that, like ice breakers etc as i am very shy and i hate talking in front of people. I'm 16 and i think i might be the youngest there?
TheReckless
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you do realise you'll have to talk regularly with customers right?
in any case - for an induction I'd imagine that yes, you would have to speak up and introduce yourself as you'll be working in a team.
missaxo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheReckless)
you do realise you'll have to talk regularly with customers right?
in any case - for an induction I'd imagine that yes, you would have to speak up and introduce yourself as you'll be working in a team.
took the words out of my mouth lol. yeah you'd have to speak to the other team members, ask them questions and possibly interact with the customers
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hopefully you'd come out of your shell as it is a customer-facing role.
emilydavies1234
Rep:
?
Yes I did realise that. But I think that's different because they're in the shop for a couple of minutes asking for something. However tomorrow I just didn't want to stand up in front of a room full of people!
JakeButlins
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi. I'm guessing you went to your induction :-) lol.

I started at 16 too, and was indeed the youngest at my induction... there was only about 5 people there so it wasnt too bad... i'm the shyest person you could meet, or I was, but greggs gave me alot of confidence in speaking to people and customers - good luck in your career at Greggs!
emilydavies1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by JakeButlins)
Hi. I'm guessing you went to your induction :-) lol.

I started at 16 too, and was indeed the youngest at my induction... there was only about 5 people there so it wasnt too bad... i'm the shyest person you could meet, or I was, but greggs gave me alot of confidence in speaking to people and customers - good luck in your career at Greggs!
Thank you!! Yes I did go lol, It wasn't too bad, no one spoke really, I've started my job in Gregg's a couple of days ago, later on today will be my third day and I'm getting used to everything so it's not too bad
Chloestewart1234
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have my induction day tomorrow but I have a holiday book for 2 weeks after will that matter or will they not give me the job now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (88)
28.95%
No (216)
71.05%

Watched Threads