The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Computer science with foundation year

I got an offer for computer science with a foundation year through clearing and was wondering if it was still taught at the university or in another place? Because that would affect my accommodation too :P
Original post by infinitytheory
I got an offer for computer science with a foundation year through clearing and was wondering if it was still taught at the university or in another place? Because that would affect my accommodation too :P

Yeah it should be at the uni, you've applied for the University of Sussex yeah? Sounds like a stupid question, but a few local HE institutions are verified by the uni, but not actually part of it.

But yeah, foundation years will take place at the same place as the normal first year would. I lived with foundation students on campus in first year, and afaik, Sussex doesn't have any teaching buildings outside of campus.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by pauly9090
Yeah it should be at the uni, you've applied for the University of Sussex yeah? Sounds like a stupid question, but a few local HE institutions are verified by the uni, but not actually part of it.

But yeah, foundation years will take place at the same place as the normal first year would. I lived with foundation students on campus in first year, and afaik, Sussex doesn't have any teaching buildings outside of campus.

thank you ^^ do you know if foundation students stay in accommodation on campus for the foundation year and year 1 then move out in year 2? or only live on campus for the foundation year :3
thank you ^^ do you know if foundation students stay in accommodation on campus for the foundation year and year 1 then move out in year 2? or only live on campus for the foundation year :3

You usually only stay in accommodation for your first year *at the university*, regardless of whether or not that's your first year on the course, or if you're on a foundation year. There are exceptions, but you'll probably only get a room for the foundation year.
Reply 4
I was in foundation year last year. You will have at least 1 lecturer teaching you and the rest College Teachers. You can stay on accommodation in year 0 (Foundation year) plus Year 1.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sheel1
I was in foundation year last year. You will have at least 1 lecturer teaching you and the rest College Teachers. You can stay on accommodation in year 0 (Foundation year) plus Year 1.

I'm staying in kings accommodation this year which is off campus but next year for year 1 will I be allowed to go on campus?
Reply 6
For people who want to stay in on campus accommodation it's usually possible, you can apply to become an RA or just ask to stay. Most students tend to prefer to move off campus so I can't see this being a problem but you may change your mind and if not just speak to the accommodation office

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I'm staying in kings accommodation this year which is off campus but next year for year 1 will I be allowed to go on campus?

Yes, you will be able to stay on campus :smile: .
Original post by Sheel1
Yes, you will be able to stay on campus :smile: .

:biggrin: thank you ^-^

Quick Reply

Latest