Universities and Exam Results Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone know if the universities will see our exam results before we do?
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, they see it one or two days before us I think. So really, even if you slip up a grade, they might still have accepted you. So you've got to phone up the uni straight away to see if you are still in.
Good luck to everyone on results day (a few weeks early)
Koloth
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They receive the results the sunday before the results are released to the students.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i have a friend whose sister got her letter of acceptance before her results! the stupid uni posted it too early, but it took all the pressure off results day (she didn't tell her friends because it would have been unfair + she didn't actually know the exact results, just that they were good enough).
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wonder if it'll be updated early on the UCAS site.
Koloth
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Pencil
I wonder if it'll be updated early on the UCAS site.
The UCAS website will confirm if your univerisity has finally accepted you from 11am on results day. The website will not tell you what results you have got though. Last year when they did this the website experienced high load on results day leading to it almost being impossible to access.
Pencil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ok, thanks Koloth.

I think I might see whether I've been accepted first, rather than view my results before-hand then check the site.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Acceptance is kinda more important than the actual results in the short term.
Where you hoping to go by the way, and for what?

Phil
Col-C
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My school said that UCAS online should be able to tell you at midnight, ie 11 hours before we actually get the paper results.

Again though, it's only whether you got the place or not, not the grades
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, to be honest im not really worrying bout grades, just my uni place!
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Koloth
The UCAS website will confirm if your univerisity has finally accepted you from 11am on results day. The website will not tell you what results you have got though. Last year when they did this the website experienced high load on results day leading to it almost being impossible to access.
Thats the bit of information I emailed UCAS to try and get, but after making an enquiry with them, all I got wuz a stupid automated reply that had a list of FAQs and the answers, that was no help at all.

I couldn't be arsed to ring them.
Pencil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
To be honest, I find the UCAS site terrible. It doesn't have a search facility or answers to most basic questions. There's nobody to contact and that 'timeout' thing drives me insane.
Koloth
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
To be honest, I find the UCAS site terrible. It doesn't have a search facility or answers to most basic questions. There's nobody to contact and that 'timeout' thing drives me insane.
I personally would prefer if they emailed the results as well.
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Give them credit for one thing, the "Apply" system, doing it online, where you can't make a mistake (cos it won't let you choose an option that don't exist). That was a whole lot easier than the paper system. That, along with the tracking facility.

But in terms of information... garbage.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
God help them if they do!!!!
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Col-C
My school said that UCAS online should be able to tell you at midnight, ie 11 hours before we actually get the paper results.

lol if we turned up to school at 11 am, all the teachers would have gone home!! our school opens at 7, and were told to b there at 8.

love Katy ***
yawn
Badges: 13
Report 16 years ago
So if UCAS give this information online i.e. whether you have been accepted or not, what about the bargaining process if you have just missed your offer? I was under the impression you needed to ring your university in the case of a near miss to see if they would still accept you, but according to this thread they will already have made their decision come results day. Please clarify, someone!
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Col-C

I don't think so. I don't believe that UCAS online will tell you anything until 11am on the 14th.
Koloth
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by yawn
So if UCAS give this information online i.e. whether you have been accepted or not, what about the bargaining process if you have just missed your offer? I was under the impression you needed to ring your university in the case of a near miss to see if they would still accept you, but according to this thread they will already have made their decision come results day. Please clarify, someone!
As far as I am aware the UCAS website will state if your university has accepted you a place or rejected you a place because you didn't reach your offer. There may still not be a decision that has been made by your university and so you may have to wait a few days. If your still unsure I would suggest you email the relevent university or UCAS.
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by rahaydenuk
I don't think so. I don't believe that UCAS online will tell you anything until 11am on the 14th.
By that time I think most of us will have had our results by paper, useful facility for international candidates looking to get into UK institutions - I anticipate most schools with make some computer facilities available on the 14th though.

We've been told to bring the phone number of your admissions tutor with you to school on the 14th so you can start making the needed enquiries straight away if they are required.

Results day at ours is always that little bit eerie, our 6th form has all of 45 people (between both years), and thats all that will be coming in on that day, (with a handful of the teaching team).

Compare that to GCSE results day, 2 years ago, 250 pupils picking up results...
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (199)
12.7%
Excited (136)
8.68%
Worried (287)
18.32%
Terrified (355)
22.65%
Meh (136)
8.68%
Confused (35)
2.23%