Universities and Exam Results

Watch
This discussion is closed.
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i know someone that found out whether they'd got in to uni a couple of days before results day last year. But maybe that was just a glitch in the computer system -- wasn't last year the first year they used the apply online thing?

i don't know yet whether to keep checking it or not cos I would be so gutted if i found out through the site that I had been rejected and none of my teachers were around to calm me down and phone the uni's etc
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What Uni you lookin at and for what?

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I hate the UCAS site, everytime i log in, it will log me back out again. At my college i can get my results from 10am, i am taking the relevent letters with conditional offers from the uni's with me so that if need be i can phone the uni asap.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
How do you check whether u have been accepted on the UCAS website....??? help plz
Pencil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Go to: http://www.ucas.co.uk

- Click on 'Track Progress'

- Enter your UCAS number and password (which should be printed on any UCAS letter you've been sent)

now, you're in.
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm dreading results day so so much. I really want to get into Bristol to do spanish and portuguse but I nead ABB, my insurance is Nottingham and I only need Bcc but I'm still really panicky. I'm predicted 4 A's but I didn't revise properly and some of my exams like chemistry were dire.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Ucas online will show results from mid-day onwards.... it does not do so before due to demand and security protocol

mat
loftx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil)
'timeout' thing drives me insane.
Me too - the site is very poorly put together.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's kind of scary looking at the countdown clock. I mean looking at it shows me how little time we've got until THAT day. I have mixed feelings; I really want the wait to be over, but I also don't want to know what I've got in case I am real nervous!
Jo P
Report 15 years ago
i'm really confused! don't ou results come out on the 19th? why are some ppl talking abt the 14th - wots happening then?
AndyT
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jo P)
i'm really confused! don't ou results come out on the 19th? why are some ppl talking abt the 14th - wots happening then?
I... I... look at the date!
Jo P
Report 15 years ago
right so i jst made a total idiot of myself! thanx for that!
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Compare that to GCSE results day, 2 years ago, 250 pupils picking up results...
There will be 1500 people getting results at mine. T'is crazy stuff.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I do want to know more about bargaining though, is it possible? Or have they quite simply made their decisions?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Bargaining in terms of what?
Greendaygirl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
it just depends on your course in terms of applicants and people meeting grades. Ive over thought the whole results day thing too much. You could still bargin depending on what your results were eg if you just missed your offer. Regardless of the results ring up anyway as you have nothing to loose
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i was out last night talking to my mate whos waiting for her a level results and one of the girls in work with her also works for the university of glamorgan in the results office (basically they take on extra part time staff to get through everyones results) and she said that they get them 2 weeks before...and have already had preliminary results....

dont know how much of it is true but its quite scary...

love Katy ***
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I got my university place confirmed on UCAS yesterday I did a BTEC instead of A-levels though....
firebladez777.5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why is this thread in general chat? Shouldn't it be in the Universities/Exams etc thread?
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by firebladez777.5)
Why is this thread in general chat? Shouldn't it be in the Universities/Exams etc thread?
I was wondering that too....but it's been moved now anyway...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
33.92%
No (524)
66.08%

Watched Threads