The Student Room Group

Feeling overweight

Hiya am 19 and just over 5ft and I weigh 9stone :frown: I feel so fat , I was always around 7 1/2 and I can't seen to get rid off my belly fat gets me so depressed, I have tried everything gym , cardio workout etc I just can't see the change :frown: I think it might be the implant but not sure any ideas anyone ?
Original post by Sophie 19
Hiya am 19 and just over 5ft and I weigh 9stone :frown: I feel so fat , I was always around 7 1/2 and I can't seen to get rid off my belly fat gets me so depressed, I have tried everything gym , cardio workout etc I just can't see the change :frown: I think it might be the implant but not sure any ideas anyone ?

How did you go from 7.5 stone to 9 stone?
I heard that the implant can make some people gain wait very easily tbh.

What is your diet like? Do you eat loads of carbs?

Also, did you start university last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

It could just be bone and muscle because you have been growing. Have you tried measuring your waist and hips?
Reply 3
No I've been this height for years now, only seemed to be putting on the weight since I got the implant in
Reply 4
I don't know :frown: and I've just been eating the same tbh well did start cutting down on all the crappy foods
I don't know :frown: and I've just been eating the same tbh well did start cutting down on all the crappy foods

Do you eat a lot of carbs and did you start university last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have the implant myself and for the first year and a bit I seemed to gain weight and it wouldn't seem to drop.
I spoke to this with my doctor and I was informed that some women can gain weight while using the implant but there has been no real evidence, as such, to prove it is the impact that causes this.
However I'm coming up to my third year now and I'm finally back down to what I consider a normal weight for me.
I know it sounds quite stupid but drink water with lemons or limes really helped with my weight lose, and it cleared my skin up as well.
I also found that by drinking this infused water that I would be eating less as well. I found that most of the time the only reason I was hungry was because I was bored so whenever I felt like that I would drink the water as stated or use chewing gum.

I've sort of rambled but I hope this has helped.
Reply 7
Thank you I must try drinking water with lemon as I already drink loads of water already, I just can't wait to get the implant out just to see if I'll lose all that weight again
The implant itself doesn't cause weight gain, but the hormones in the implant increase your appetite, which is obviously a contributor to weight gain. You won't just lose weight as soon as you take the implant out, you need to be exercising and eating healthily.
Reply 9
Heya,

Could you go into a bit more detail about what your average daily diet is like - maybe post an example daily 'meal plan'?

What kinds of exercises were you doing at the gym and in your cardio workouts?

Quick Reply

Latest