The Student Room Group

Need your advice!

Hi guys, I'm in a predicament at the moment. I got ABD for a levels which meant that i had to start looking for courses through track. Being from an Asian family, my parents expect me to go to UNIVERSITY not MET.Originally i planned on studying economics however i have failed to meet the requirements for that at any university, i am unable to resit as i'm already a third year student. Now i'm left with these choices, Theology at Manchester, Philosophy and History at Liverpool or i could potentially try find a foundation course at any other university. And lastly i could just go to Manchester Metropolitan and study Economics, which my parents won't be happy with unfortunately, given the situation what would you guys suggest be the smartest choice?
Also what are the chances of going for example to Manchester and trying to change my course?
Original post by Haiych
Hi guys, I'm in a predicament at the moment. I got ABD for a levels which meant that i had to start looking for courses through track. Being from an Asian family, my parents expect me to go to UNIVERSITY not MET.Originally i planned on studying economics however i have failed to meet the requirements for that at any university, i am unable to resit as i'm already a third year student. Now i'm left with these choices, Theology at Manchester, Philosophy and History at Liverpool or i could potentially try find a foundation course at any other university. And lastly i could just go to Manchester Metropolitan and study Economics, which my parents won't be happy with unfortunately, given the situation what would you guys suggest be the smartest choice?
Also what are the chances of going for example to Manchester and trying to change my course?

If economics is what you ve got your heart set on then go to manchester met for it. Its your degree for the next 3 years not your parents.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
If economics is what you ve got your heart set on then go to manchester met for it. Its your degree for the next 3 years not your parents.

Yeah , i think i'm going to have to do that!
I'm interested in theology but i wonder where it can lead me also, i would only be studying it because i have no choice. Also as for, History and philosophy it's the same situation. But my parents mentality is that it's the institution not the course!!
Original post by Haiych
Yeah , i think i'm going to have to do that!
I'm interested in theology but i wonder where it can lead me also, i would only be studying it because i have no choice. Also as for, History and philosophy it's the same situation. But my parents mentality is that it's the institution not the course!!

Explain to your parents that league tables aren't everything and if they aren't willing to take into account your feelings then i dont think their worth listening to to be honest.
You shouldnt pick a degree because you feel you d be studying it because you have no choice.

Quick Reply

Latest