anonwhymous
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I got A D E for my AS grades. (French, psychology and economics), I was very shocked with my psychology grade as I had never gotten less than a B in year 12.

What shall I do next year? Our school only predicts the your AS grades for uni unless you 'show' that you can get higher grades. I don't know if I should go to college and retake the year or to carry on and resit my two exams in yr 13 along with A2 exams.

I also have another questions. I'm confused about my results sheet. For example, it said I got 110 marks in my French written exam (the exam is out of 110) and I got a B. Also it said I got 50 something marks for both economics exams but got D and E but the 2015 garde boundaries say differently. Same thing for psychology.

I have no clue how I'm going to get into uni :/
Sacred Ground
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by anonwhymous)
I got A D E for my AS grades. (French, psychology and economics), I was very shocked with my psychology grade as I had never gotten less than a B in year 12.

What shall I do next year? Our school only predicts the your AS grades for uni unless you 'show' that you can get higher grades. I don't know if I should go to college and retake the year or to carry on and resit my two exams in yr 13 along with A2 exams.

I also have another questions. I'm confused about my results sheet. For example, it said I got 110 marks in my French written exam (the exam is out of 110) and I got a B. Also it said I got 50 something marks for both economics exams but got D and E but the 2015 garde boundaries say differently. Same thing for psychology.

Regarding your confusion about the mark on your results sheet, this is the UMS points, you must have been referring to raw marks when you said it was 110 max and you got that and achieved a B. If you want to check your raw marks, find a UMS converter e.g. 'AQA UMS converter'

Posted from TSR Mobile
anonwhymous
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Sacred Ground)
Regarding your confusion about the mark on your results sheet, this is the UMS points, you must have been referring to raw marks when you said it was 110 max and you got that and achieved a B. If you want to check your raw marks, find a UMS converter e.g. 'AQA UMS converter'

Posted from TSR Mobile
I understand but for economics the raw marks were 51 and 54 and my ums was different. But on the edexcel grade boundaries it says 54 was a b and 51 was a c I think
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by anonwhymous)

Two exams isnt two bad to be resiting if you dont have many exams next year anyway
You could look at applying for foundation year courses then you could go through adjustment if you improved your grades?
Or you could take a gap year and apply with the grades you already had.
What would you like to study at uni?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (20)
31.75%
No (43)
68.25%

Watched Threads