Does anyone believe in astrology? Watch

This discussion is closed.
z!D4N
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
basically, neutrinos are like massless particles, they go through anything... in the olden days, things were thought to be magic but now its scientific... this neutrino thing is basically the science behind astrology... for more, jus look it up
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by z!D4N)
basically, neutrinos are like massless particles, they go through anything... in the olden days, things were thought to be magic but now its scientific... this neutrino thing is basically the science behind astrology... for more, jus look it up
To quote myself

"I don't care what people believe, I just wish they wouldn't use bullscience to justify it."

Astrology = a belief...it is NOT scientific - I don't fill science with pseudotheological waffle so why do people feel the need to fill their beliefs with pseudoscientific waffle?....next you'll be talking about positive energy and vibrations etc etc.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Id believe in tea leaves before astrology thankyou very much Professor Trelawny.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Like all of these sorts of things, the way most people practice it is certainly not the way i would care to believe in it.
However, there is more truth to these things also, than most people will admit to.
But astrology, as an -ology, is certainly something that i choose not to believe in.
z!D4N
Rep:
?
dude man... there are of coz flaws in astrology... but there is STILL some science behind it... guys... dont be so stubborn... its not gd for ur health
z!D4N
Rep:
?
i dont believe everything in it... but quite a bit of it
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by z!D4N)
dude man... there are of coz flaws in astrology... but there is STILL some science behind it... guys... dont be so stubborn... its not gd for ur health
Some scientific methods are used, yes, i agree, but those are precisely the parts that ruin it for me, the attempt to be scienfitific about something that can't be scientific.
Spider
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nope, I'll make my own future, than you very much.
z!D4N
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Some scientific methods are used, yes, i agree, but those are precisely the parts that ruin it for me, the attempt to be scienfitific about something that can't be scientific.
wt do u mean by "the attempt to be scienfitific about something that can't be scientific"? what are neutrinos and what do they do then?
z!D4N
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spider)
Nope, I'll make my own future, than you very much.
u might fail to do so. destiny is there to decide it for u.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by z!D4N)
wt do u mean by "the attempt to be scienfitific about something that can't be scientific"? what are neutrinos and what do they do then?
http://www.ps.uci.edu/~superk/neutrino.html

They aren't massless for a start
z!D4N
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
http://www.ps.uci.edu/~superk/neutrino.html

They aren't massless for a start
i said they are "LIKE" massless

of coz they arent massless... if it was, that would be magic!
z!D4N
Rep:
?
so they arent massless, so u should believe that this IS indeed scientific right? why r u contradicting urself?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by z!D4N)
so they arent massless, so u should believe that this IS indeed scientific right? why r u contradicting urself?
Excuse me? Where have I contradicted myself.

Massless particles do exist - they aren't "magic".

Neutrinos exist - they were postulated as a way to balance an equation and are produced by stars (so why you should assume they have any relation to astrology which is based on the positions primarily of the planets is beyond me) as a byproduct of fusion.

Neutrinos don't have a purpose any more than protons have a purpose - and they certainly do not have a purpose of influencing the lives of a statistical anomoly of life on a random little planet in one of any number of galaxies.
Recusant
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Someone remind me how balls of rock and gas spinning around one very big ball of superhot gas in the vast vacuum of space is going to force my future into a set path and take away my ability to make my own choices for myself?
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
"I don't care what people believe, I just wish they wouldn't use bullscience to justify it."
Do you read the Bad Science column in the Life section of the Guardian? It's full of pseudoscience crap like this. It always makes me laugh
And to answer the question, Astrology is a load of baseless cobblers.
z!D4N
Rep:
?
Excuse me? Where have I contradicted myself.

Massless particles do exist - they aren't "magic".

Neutrinos exist - they were postulated as a way to balance an equation and are produced by stars (so why you should assume they have any relation to astrology which is based on the positions primarily of the planets is beyond me) as a byproduct of fusion.

Neutrinos don't have a purpose any more than protons have a purpose - and they certainly do not have a purpose of influencing the lives of a statistical anomoly of life on a random little planet in one of any number of galaxies.
no, massless particles do NOT exist. thats why they are NOT magic. you are indeed contradicting urself again. try again.
z!D4N
Rep:
?
(Original post by Recusant)
Someone remind me how balls of rock and gas spinning around one very big ball of superhot gas in the vast vacuum of space is going to force my future into a set path and take away my ability to make my own choices for myself?
mayb the planets have affected u to think in ur way already
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by z!D4N)
no, massless particles do NOT exist. thats why they are NOT magic. you are indeed contradicting urself again. try again.
photons, gluons and other force carrying* particles are massless.

*boson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I believe in Patrick Moore... Oh wait..
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1580)
79.32%
Leave (412)
20.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed