Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone believe in astrology? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    photons, gluons and other force carrying* particles are massless.

*boson
    yes, those are massless because they are REFERRING to the definition of mass because the particle has to be at rest at a start. but in fact, neutrinos hav mass. they are around 10000 times less than the mass of a electron.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    yes, those are massless because they are REFERRING to the definition of mass because the particle has to be at rest at a start. but in fact, neutrinos hav mass. they are around 10000 times less than the mass of a electron.
    and?

how does that prove that neutrinos from stars have any influence on your life due to the position of the planets?

ReputationRep:
    and?

how does that prove that neutrinos from stars have any influence on your life due to the position of the planets?
    no, they dont influence our WHOLE life. it's jus that they hav a part in influencing our emotions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    no, they dont influence our WHOLE life. it's jus that they hav a part in influencing our emotions.
    COUGH*******s
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    How?

ReputationRep:
    How?
    find this out urself if u hav time... i cant be bothered to look for an article myself... if u wish to prove me wrong, then find an article to contradict to my argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    COUGH*******s
    go on coughing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    find this out urself if u hav time... i cant be bothered to look for an article myself... if u wish to prove me wrong, then find an article to contradict to my argument.
    Game, set and match PQ I believe.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    If you make an assertion the onus is on you to provide evidence to back it up - not me to find evidence to back it up and then find more evidence to refute it.

If you can prove astrology then there is $1,000,000 up for grabs from James Randi http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

ReputationRep:
    If you make an assertion the onus is on you to provide evidence to back it up - not me to find evidence to back it up and then find more evidence to refute it.

If you can prove astrology then there is $1,000,000 up for grabs from James Randi http://www.randi.org/research/index.html
    dude, u were the one who was trying to prove astrology wrong because u dont believe in it. for me, i DON'T believe FULLY but only in the science behind it. therefore, im neither proving astrology right or wrong. i was only talking about the SCIENCE. understand?

no one can prove the whole of astrology. even scientists cannot because it is not fully scientific. i think u hav misunderstood the definition of astrology.

therefore, i am only arguing about the neutrinos. if u dont believe what i told u about what they are and what they do, then dont. find some articles urself to prove me wrong, dude. haha XDDD~~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    dude, if u hav time, chek it up urself on the internet
    you mean you can't find any crediable sources that are subject to peer review...........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    dude, u were the one who was trying to prove astrology wrong because u dont believe in it. for me, i DON'T believe FULLY but only in the science behind it. therefore, im neither proving astrology right or wrong. i was only talking about the SCIENCE. understand?

no one can prove the whole of astrology. even scientists cannot because it is not fully scientific. i think u hav misunderstood the definition of astrology.

therefore, i am only arguing about the neutrinos. if u dont believe what i told u about what they are and what they do, then dont. find some articles urself to prove me wrong, dude. haha XDDD~~
    considering you can't even explain it i don't see why she should have to disprove it, i would also like to remind you that you started this thread asking whether we believe in it and thus the onus is on you to prove it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    considering you can't even explain it i don't see why she should have to disprove it, i would also like to remind you that you started this thread asking whether we believe in it and thus the onus is on you to prove it
    I think the silence says it all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    it doesnt mean i cant explain it dude. i dont care if u understand the theory behind astrology or not. its up to u. i dont give a sh*t. go look it up in ur own time.

ReputationRep:
    I think the silence says it all...
    r u okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    r u okay?
    Yes. Why wouldn't I be? Are my planets lined up badly or something? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Why wouldn't I be? Are my planets lined up badly or something? :rolleyes:
    ur weird

ReputationRep:
    An extreme sceptic, I mean how can the whole population be modelled by 12 different signs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    ur weird
    Why thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    An extreme sceptic, I mean how can the whole population be modelled by 12 different signs?
    dude, it is a model but it doesnt model all aspects of life. look up exactly what astrology really is.

Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.