Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone believe in astrology? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    dude, it is a model but it doesnt model all aspects of life. look up exactly what astrology really is.
    Is that because you don't even know what it is in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    dude, it is a model but it doesnt model all aspects of life. look up exactly what astrology really is.
    as·trol·o·gy n.
    A load of *******s thought up by some nutcases in the belief that it has some bearing on our lives, when in fact it means bugger all.

ReputationRep:
    y wud anyone believe in it? its like ghosts
    ppl believe in them because they want to believe in them, they dont care if they have no proof
    when people read their horoscopes and it says for example "you will get a big surprise" and then later on the sun comes out or the hamster dies they are like " oh my god, thats what my horoscope said!"
    fair enuf to those who believe in it but how can anyone seriously believe that rubbish

ReputationRep:
    lol to some extent it could be true.. i jus thought about it.. in a scientific way every planet or every star, every dust in the galaxy has a pulling force right? Newton's errr something law lol forgot which.. well these attraction could cause some change in ur body.. jus a lil scientific way to look at it
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by icklehc)
    ppl believe in them because they want to believe in them, they dont care if they have no proof
    when people read their horoscopes and it says for example "you will get a big surprise" and then later on the sun comes out or the hamster dies they are like " oh my god, thats what my horoscope said!"
    fair enuf to those who believe in it but how can anyone seriously believe that rubbish
    I've no problem with people believing in whatever they wont - but when they litter their unproven, unproovable "theories" about the mechanics behind a belief with proper science terms and ideas (like sub atomic particles and electro-magnetic waves) to lend credibility to their beliefs then they'll get no sympathy here.

I believe this website http://www.humandesignnw.com/neutrinos.htm is the source of your "science" of astrology Mr Z! - I feel no reason to refute it because it does not make any sense scientifically.

It *isn't* science - it's belief. Stop muddying the waters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daydream)
    lol to some extent it could be true.. i jus thought about it.. in a scientific way every planet or every star, every dust in the galaxy has a pulling force right? Newton's errr something law lol forgot which.. well these attraction could cause some change in ur body.. jus a lil scientific way to look at it
    wow... finally some sense of agreement from daydream!

ReputationRep:
    Is that because you don't even know what it is in the first place?
    define it urself

ReputationRep:
    Newton's law of gravitation. Gravity is a really weak force though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    wow... finally some sense of agreement from daydream!
    I'm not agree-ing with u

ReputationRep:
    With horoscopes and all that BS, people interpret the meanings to suit themselves, therefore a vague comment made about Aries may transpire into something that the person creates, it's all BS.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    It's gravity

and even the moon (which causes the tides) has little effect on human behavior - just a bunch of myths propigated by the media
    http://www.skepdic.com/fullmoon.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    define it urself
    exactly i'm tellin u wat it is, open ur eyes and learn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    i believe that proofing will only get u a state of mind, jus like how andrew wiles proved his ferment last theorem thingy for 7 years.

however, i think its still good to believe in the theory behind it because there is still science involved in it. (enough said) so of course its stupid to believe in this whole thing.

mayb u jus dont see why mathematicians like to prove things cuz u r not them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I've no problem with people believing in whatever they wont - but when they litter their unproven, unproovable "theories" about the mechanics behind a belief with proper science terms and ideas (like sub atomic particles and electro-magnetic waves) to lend credibility to their beliefs then they'll get no sympathy here.

I believe this website http://www.humandesignnw.com/neutrinos.htm is the source of your "science" of astrology Mr Z! - I feel no reason to refute it because it does not make any sense scientifically.

It *isn't* science - it's belief. Stop muddying the waters.
    dude, there is science involved. (enough said -_-')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    It's gravity

and even the moon (which causes the tides) has little effect on human behavior - just a bunch of myths propigated by the media
    http://www.skepdic.com/fullmoon.html
    yes, gravity is part of the thing. but im talking about neutrinos, dude?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    With horoscopes and all that BS, people interpret the meanings to suit themselves, therefore a vague comment made about Aries may transpire into something that the person creates, it's all BS.
    its not all BS tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    however, i think its still good to believe in the theory behind it because there is still science involved in it. (enough said) so of course its stupid to believe in this whole thing.
    Not "enough said" at all. You've given no valid proof whatsoever as to accurate science behind astrology.
    And I'm a mathematician, I like to prove things. Still think astrology's a load of bullcrap though.

ReputationRep:
    exactly i'm tellin u wat it is, open ur eyes and learn
    opening another account eh? "davidbeckham" -_-'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Not "enough said" at all. You've given no valid proof whatsoever as to accurate science behind astrology.
    And I'm a mathematician, I like to prove things. Still think astrology's a load of bullcrap though.
    how old r u? mayb over 25? no good mathematicians are over 25.

btw, i dont need to give a valid proof. im jus saying that neutrinos exist and they hav an effect in changing our dna. u should chek this out urself.

alright so u like proving things. go ahead and be creative in it, please.

ReputationRep:
    therefore u cant say astrology is ALL BS.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.