Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igloo)
    translocation- the transportation of assimilates (- products made by photsynthetic cells) in phloem vessels.

=> explain the differences in bonding of proteins in primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary structures, ie. hydrogen bonds etc.
    in primary, there are peptide bonds between different amino acids.
    in secondary, there are hydrogen bonds to form an alpha helix or beta pleated shape
    in tertiary, there are disulphide bonds, hydrogen bonds, ionic bonds to form a precise 3D shape
    and in quarternary structures there are different polypeptide chains bonded by h bonds, disulphide bonds and ionic bonds.

explain the difference between fibrous and globular proteins?

ReputationRep:
    globular ( eg haemoglobin) fibrous (eg collagen)
    transports O2 + CO2 strengthens tissues
    4 polypeptides 3 polypeptides
    3D shape triple helix
    soluble(?) insoluble

Q: state the components of a balanced diet + state the functions of each

ReputationRep:
    lil late for revision.. just wanna wish everyone the best of luck
    i;m sure u'll do fine and if not theres always retakes

ReputationRep:
    never too late for revision....i plan on staying uo all night, i just seem to work better that way :rolleyes:,

no matter what anyone says last minuite revision always works..its proven you remember more under stressful situations

ReputationRep:
    if anyone is awake...see if you can have a go at this question
    you just need to lable P, Q, R and S

thanks
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoe_box10)
    never too late for revision....i plan on staying uo all night, i just seem to work better that way :rolleyes:,

no matter what anyone says last minuite revision always works..its proven you remember more under stressful situations
    i swear hundreds of bio OCR students must have been doing all-nighters last night across the country! i know atleast 8 other people, including me, who stayed up practically all night last night aswell. and you know what? - it actually works, you get so stressed you concentrate so much more and you somehow, end up remembering a lot more aswell.

what did every1 think of the exam?
    i was so chuffed, almost every topic i revised really well, came up.

ReputationRep:
    its true last minute does work but i did enough revision last week to not bother staying up, yea it was good, im happy nitrogen cycle didnt come up, but easy stuff like protein synthesis could have.

ReputationRep:
    lol last min revision... lol i stayed up till half one and then i was just physically and mentally drained lol

anyways... Transport was a god send!
    H and D it was okay...
    i hated foundation.. blah i didnt really think interphase would come up...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.