The Student Room Group

Getting to classes fast between buildings

Hey there!

I'm starting Uni in September and I've been looking into things such as previous years timetables. One thing I've found is that depending on what modules are taken, one lecture can finish at 12pm and another can start at 12pm but in another building a few roads down, probably near enough half a mile.

How can I get there in good time? Will the uni accommodate for this sort of thing? If I bring a bike I can't have it on the train before 9:30am though. Scooter? lol
Original post by Enirehtac
Hey there!

I'm starting Uni in September and I've been looking into things such as previous years timetables. One thing I've found is that depending on what modules are taken, one lecture can finish at 12pm and another can start at 12pm but in another building a few roads down, probably near enough half a mile.

How can I get there in good time? Will the uni accommodate for this sort of thing? If I bring a bike I can't have it on the train before 9:30am though. Scooter? lol

My university normally lets people out 5 minutes before so that other lecturers to come into to set up so hopefully you ll have time to get between them:smile: you wont be the only one doing both modules so there should be something in place:smile:
Hey there!

At my uni there was 10 minutes between slots except a 20 mins break at lunchtime. So the slots were 9:00-9:50, 10-10:50 e.c.t until 12:50 when the next session was at 1:10 and sessions after that started at ten past the hour and finished on the hour. Sometimes that still wasn't enough time, particularly if the previous class over ran so you just crept in late.
Hey there!

Hello,

Normally your university will accommodate for this sort of thing. The one that finishes at 12 will either let you out a bit early to work around such complications or the other will allow a grace period of like 10 minutes in which you can get there. They'll work it out for you.
Segway
Find the closest (unalarmed) exits between the relevant buildings? Or if there are a few of you in the same classes perhaps car share between buildings if possible?
with one of these... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2545002/Would-YOU-ride-terrifying-4WD-skateboard-reach-speeds-50km-h.html

usually not a problem in reality... also make sure your not looking at one of several possible tutorial sessions as being part of the clash because you'd just pick a different one.
Reply 7
Ok, thanks guys! I'll get it all figured out in the end.
Normally there's a 10 minute break to account for having to move between buildings. One of my flatmates had a 20 minute walk in first year between his lectures and he raised it with a member of staff and they changed the rooms. It won't be the worst thing!
Original post by seventwelve
Segway

These should be legalised in this country.
I recommend a palanquin carried by 4 hunky olive skinned men in loincloths. Stylish and quick.
Reply 11
Original post by Quantex
I recommend a palanquin carried by 4 hunky olive skinned men in loincloths. Stylish and quick.

I wouldn't say no to that!

Quick Reply

Latest