The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Uni dilemma.

Hi I applied to University last year but during the course I fell ill and had to take a gap year. I told the University mitigation as soon as possible of my illness, but they put my down as referral at the final grade. At the moment the message they sent says that if I do not complete the referral it will effect my progress but it says nothing about anyone being exited from the uni if they cannot complete the assignment.This is my case as I am no position to complete the assignment because I did not attend many of the lectures and am behind. I do not want to have to redo my personal statement and resend my application to other Universities again.So they are basically treating me like someone who did not tell the University of my illness. I even provided proof but I spoke to the faculty and they are saying that there is nothing on the system saying that I provided them proof of my illness. I am waiting to here back from the adjudication. They told me to send them proof that I contacted the mitigation by the 13th but they have not sent me a reply since then. I am really hoping they do not exit me from the Uni this is my first choice and I am familiar with the area. What are they likely to do, are they going to exit me.I have applied to student finance and it has me down as doing the course at the chosen uni but the Uni itself may be thinking of exiting me from the course and uni. I cannot reapply directing to on the university website as that feature is on for postgraduates.
Hi,

Really sorry that we missed your message over the summer. Is this all sorted now, or can we help with anything?

Katie
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by Bournemouth University
Hi,

Really sorry that we missed your message over the summer. Is this all sorted now, or can we help with anything?

Katie

Nah they exited me.
Original post by Vectorplate
Nah they exited me.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Please do feel free to send me a private message if you want to have a further chat about it, or if there's anything that's unresolved. I hope you're starting to feel better.

Katie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending