Will I be wasting one of my 5 choices on Imperial Watch

VokeA
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Got my AS results. I took Bio, Maths, Spanish and Chem and thankfully got 3 As and a B in Chemistry.... But I want to do Chemical Engineering at a top uni, so I'm dropping Spanish. As it stands my predicted grades will be A*AB in Bio, Maths and Chem. Because of this I've decided to resit all 3 AS modules for chem alongside A2 and C2; in order to convince my school to give me A*A*A as a prediction and so I can get the grades obvs. So finally my question - is it worth me applying for Imperial?

Thanks for taking the time to read and all respnses will be appreciated
longsightdon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What are your other four choices? Im also in a similar situation to you. Im unsure whether to apply to imperial for chemistry. I got aaab too with a's in bio chem maths and a b in physics. For me personally i think i will apply because why not i guess. I most well take a chance. And for you i think you cud have a good shot! but then again i dont know much about chemical engineering and its requirements.
VokeA
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Was not entirely sure yet but I will need to pick from

high risk: Cambridge and Imperial

Medium: Manchester, Bath, Leeds, Birmingham

Low: Loughborough and Nottingham

And with your grades I think you should definitely go for Imperial since you got As in Maths and Chemistry which are essential for a Chem degree, so I think its up to you and what you decide to drop - if that
DysonCube
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know much about the admissions process in the chemistry department, but a friend of mine applied to Chemistry with aaab with the b in Chemistry and ended up getting an offer of A*A*A, which he met. So you definitely have a chance, but I expect they likely give above average offers to people with lower AS results in order for them to prove that they are capable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (33)
7.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (262)
58.88%
No (150)
33.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise