NatoHeadshot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
quick questionl; do you need to know c3 and c4 to do d1, s1 and fp1?
i know its complusary to do core but im doing c1 and c2 in my first year and c3 and c4 in my second and i was wondering if i could do d1, s1 and fp1 without knowing c3 and 4
username1972501
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yeah you don't need c3,c4 at all

(Original post by NatoHeadshot)
i know its complusary to do core but im doing c1 and c2 in my first year and c3 and c4 in my second and i was wondering if i could do d1, s1 and fp1 without knowing c3 and 4
NatoHeadshot
Rep:
?
(Original post by icedark_knight)
yeah you don't need c3,c4 at all
are you sure?
kennz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
are you sure?
I did fp1 s2 and m1 in further maths and s1 in normal maths. You don't need c3-4 for these. The only ones you need them for are m4/m5, s4, fp2/fp3. The modules with a 2 e.g. M2 are A2 modules, whereas those with with 1 e.g. S1 are AS modules. Even s2 doesn't need c3\c4 and its A2. The only way c3-4 would be useful I that the AS modules would be a breeze as you have done more maths. BTW I got 92, 90 and 85 ums in M1 S2 and FP1 and didn't do c3/4
username1972501
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
are you sure?
yeah I've done m1,s1,fp1,m2 and I haven't done c3,4... So I'm talking from experience...
chee5y
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For AS year this is fine, it starts getting more complicated when you need C3/4 to do FP2/3 in 2nd year... But yes, this year you will be fine
雷尼克
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
nope, I did C1, C2, S1, M1, D1 and FP1 this year and got AAAAAB (B in D1) without C3/C4 knowledge, tbh the only thing is fractions which is easy, the only tricky thing in FP1 is algebra in proof by induction..
kennz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 雷尼克)
nope, I did C1, C2, S1, M1, D1 and FP1 this year and got AAAAAB (B in D1) without C3/C4 knowledge, tbh the only thing is fractions which is easy, the only tricky thing in FP1 is algebra in proof by induction..
proof by induction is awesome tho
ian.slater
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Edexcel have made sure you can do FP1 without C3 or C4. There are just a couple of extras that would be nice to teach but aren't vital - multiply rotation matrices to give trig formulae and links to complex numbers.

Next year is trickier ... you can't do all of FP2 without C4.
雷尼克
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kennz)
proof by induction is awesome tho
Yeah but it's annoying when you get stuck
NatoHeadshot
Rep:
?
(Original post by kennz)
I did fp1 s2 and m1 in further maths and s1 in normal maths. You don't need c3-4 for these. The only ones you need them for are m4/m5, s4, fp2/fp3. The modules with a 2 e.g. M2 are A2 modules, whereas those with with 1 e.g. S1 are AS modules. Even s2 doesn't need c3\c4 and its A2. The only way c3-4 would be useful I that the AS modules would be a breeze as you have done more maths. BTW I got 92, 90 and 85 ums in M1 S2 and FP1 and didn't do c3/4
thank you so much for the info!
and great marks!
NatoHeadshot
Rep:
?
btw i will be doing my exams after two years which i'm a bit dissapointed about after i heard about the reforms. I think i'm at a disadvantage, what do you guys think?
kennz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
btw i will be doing my exams after two years which i'm a bit dissapointed about after i heard about the reforms. I think i'm at a disadvantage, what do you guys think?
Yes you are, but count yourself lucky as you don't have to go through the o-level grading reforms. Everyone starting their gcses and below will be graded on numbers 1-8 and not A*-U. Unfortunately, everyone in my year and above were the luckiest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.85%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (22)
16.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (23)
17.69%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (17)
13.08%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
30%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.46%

Watched Threads