Long distance relationship... Watch

Bobby1245
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok well basically I'm speaking to this boy and have been for about a month. We are meeting in a few weeks and I'm super excited! My question is though.., I live in Cardiff and will have only just started sixth form but he is going to be at Oxford uni in September? Like he is really worth all the travelling but honestly will it work?? Need help guys!?x
IInayat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hate to break it to you but it probably won't unless you guys are seriously devoted to each other, you'll both be way too immersed in education (especially as he's in Oxford and you're starting 6th form) to maintain a long distance relationship. Having said that if you both really like each other and are committed then it's definitely worth a shot!! Hope this helps 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bobby1245
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by IInayat)
I hate to break it to you but it probably won't unless you guys are seriously devoted to each other, you'll both be way too immersed in education (especially as he's in Oxford and you're starting 6th form) to maintain a long distance relationship. Having said that if you both really like each other and are committed then it's definitely worth a shot!! Hope this helps 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow thanks for the serious comment. I didn't see think anyone was gonna answer aha. Thank you! I think so! Time will tell!
okcool
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i mean most of the time, it doesn't work out. but you'll never know unless you try. good luck and hope ur relationship goes well
IInayat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bobby1245)
Wow thanks for the serious comment. I didn't see think anyone was gonna answer aha. Thank you! I think so! Time will tell!
No worries! Hope everything works out for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Good Doctor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
99.99% sure it won't work. Factors: You will have only known each other 3 months once freshers starts. He will be in university and you won't be; translates to lack of things in common and a lack of appreciation of what he experiences. Long distance means you can't even enjoy the physical side of the relationship at all for months and months at a time.

Going to separate universities almost always ends relationships that have been going for years. I have known 5 such couples who were together at least a year before they went off to separate universities, including myself and my longest lasting relationship to date. All but 1 of them didn't make it past the first year. The only one that did (not mine) broke up at the beginning of second year.

With that in mind, what do you really think the chances are that this won't be just a huge waste of time for you both?
Bonniejones
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bobby1245)
Ok well basically I'm speaking to this boy and have been for about a month. We are meeting in a few weeks and I'm super excited! My question is though.., I live in Cardiff and will have only just started sixth form but he is going to be at Oxford uni in September? Like he is really worth all the travelling but honestly will it work?? Need help guys!?x
I was just in a long distance relationship. The distance isn't an issue as long as you talk often, video call and see each other as much as physically possible.
sLfc
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
From what I have seen, uni really tests both short and long distance relationships. I am one of the few who was in a long distance relationship and is still with my bf after finishing uni, but we had been together 2 and a half years before I even left for uni. However, a friend from uni got with her boyfriend about a week before she left for uni, and they are still together now, 3 years later. So if you think he is worth it, go for it! You'll probably regret it if you don't try
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.13%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.48%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.5%

Watched Threads