The Student Room Group

AS Results and Predicted Grades

Hi I was just wondering how your teachers predict your grades? I got BCCD for my AS but I'm planning to drop the subject I got a D in (Maths). I was 4 UMS off an A for psychology, but I was a solid C for history (B in one module, D in the other) and just scrapped a C for economics.

I'm trying to apply for Computer Science and I really need an A predicted for psychology and at least one B.

Say I'm predicted ABC (fingers crossed) but one of the unis requires ABB to study computer science will this be a big issue?

I'm also planning on re-sitting the module in history I got a D in and hopefully both economics exams, as I mostly get Bs in class.

Also do unis look more at predicts grades or actual as results?

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Unis will look at your predicted grades when they give you an offer. If you get better grades than what you're predicted, you can go through adjustment, however the top unis don't really have many courses available for adjustment. Your best option is to try to get your teachers to predict you higher, or take a gap year after A2, then you can apply to uni with your real grades rather than your predictions.
Original post by seveneleven
Unis will look at your predicted grades when they give you an offer. If you get better grades than what you're predicted, you can go through adjustment, however the top unis don't really have many courses available for adjustment. Your best option is to try to get your teachers to predict you higher, or take a gap year after A2, then you can apply to uni with your real grades rather than your predictions.

Do people usually get predicted higher than what they got in their actual results?
Original post by iAstro
Do people usually get predicted higher than what they got in their actual results?

People get predicted what the teacher thinks they are going to get at the end of the year,
I was also wondering the same thing because i'm wanting to do Spanish and French translation at uni and all the course ask for BBC just about, i also study music but my teachers are saying i will struggle to achieve a C, would university accept me on a BBD considering my course would have nothing to do with music at all? :confused:
Is it better to get predicted high grades e.g. A*A*A and then get A A A?
Or get predicted A A A and get A A A?

sorry :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending