gatesffc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I was just wondering, I'm quite keen to do A-levels however my Mum (a teacher) really wants me to do Btec as it is less stress and easier to get into Uni. Can someone outline the pro's and cons of Btec please?
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Like you said you can still go to uni with a a BTEC so why stress yourself with A levels since they are hard and changes are taking place this academic term.

Also, since your mum is a teacher, she must know what she is talking about, maybe from her personal experience with her students.
A_Hoang1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A levels cover a broader aspect of the course you're picking whereas BTEC is quite specific. If you have a set career path I would strongly recommend BTEC. However, if you haven't got a specific career path in mind say for example, you're stuck between a finance or it based career path then A level's would be the best option since you could pick A level Maths and A level Computer Science because it then leaves your options open to a wider range of career paths. Also, do you plan on trying to get into the best universities like Oxford and Cambridge? If so the A levels are a must. But if you're just looking to get in to a relatively good university, then it's up to you. In my opinion i think some universities look down on BTEC and prefer A levels but it's just my opinion. Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.23%
Labour (443)
42.6%
Liberal Democrats (201)
19.33%
Green Party (54)
5.19%
Brexit Party (27)
2.6%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)