nicolabishopx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi

I'm looking to apply to London Met for 2016 entry to study a full time Social work degree. I'm interested in knowing how students find London Met and any personal experience of this uni would be fab.

Thanks in advance
London Metropolitan University
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nicolabishopx)
Hi

I'm looking to apply to London Met for 2016 entry to study a full time Social work degree. I'm interested in knowing how students find London Met and any personal experience of this uni would be fab.

Thanks in advance
Hi Nicola,

I think it's great that you're thinking of coming to study here. I'm doing an MA entitled Housing and Inclusion (social sciences and probably has some overlap with the social work degree).

I think London Met is a great place to study a social work-type course. I'm in a position, having studied my undergrad degree at the University of Birmingham, of being able to compare London Met to another institution and it, although a very different experience, compares more than favourably: I have relished the opportunity to anchor my learning in a city as vibrant and diverse as London and the breadth of life-experience within the student body and in the lecture theatre has made for some very engaging and mind-expanding seminar discussions. There are some very different world-views in the classroom and this has really helped to me to challenge and improve my working practices (I have worked in mental health and homelessness for nearly 8 years).

I have also got on really well with the lecturers I have encountered, all of whom draw upon a seemingly inexhaustible wealth of professional experience: they are not simply bookish-types, they have (mingled with their academic credibility) a real-world edge and an air of having 'been there, done that' that provides a fantastic opportunity for learning.

Anyway, I hope that helps. Good luck with your applications.

Kind regards,
Simon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (150)
24.79%
Pop (146)