Turn on thread page Beta

Busted and McFly...Why Bother? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why do they pretend to be playing their instruments when they're obviously not? Makes them look like even bigger fools than they already are. Anyone agree? Anyone even like them? Why? This was inspired after seeing them on the T4 thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Quixote)
    Why do they pretend to be playing their instruments when they're obviously not? Makes them look like even bigger fools than they already are. Anyone agree? Anyone even like them? Why? This was inspired after seeing them on the T4 thing.
    Yeah but at least they sang live. Which is better than most of the bands are doing. And nobody has played their instruments live either. Even Ash didn't play or sing live.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but Busted and McFly couldn't play if they wanted to. That makes them even crapper than they already are. I hate UK bands. They're just plain with no talent...

ReputationRep:
    i didnt ever notice that, i must pay more attention. so all bands do not really play instruments on tv?

ReputationRep:
    Does no-one play live?
    What a rip off.
    What about RHCP?
    Do they play live?

ReputationRep:
    I hate UK bands. They're just plain with no talent...
    So you hate all UK bands just because of Busted and Mcfly? There are other UK bands around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    Does no-one play live?
    What a rip off.
    What about RHCP?
    Do they play live?
    I don't think the RHCP would charge near £40 a ticket if they weren't going to play live. I'm going to see them this month and I shall be very disappointed if they weren't live. They were last time I saw them. Of course bands play live...just not at these Summer Pop gigs where they only get to play 2 or 3 songs - if all the bands wanted to play live then they'd have to spend ages changing the sets and sound checking beforehand and its not really worth it for 10 minutes worth of music.

Give McFly credit for singing live though - there were only a few other acts who actually did bother to sing live (and one of those was Peter Andre...), even Ash - big festival band - didn't actually sing live, which I thought made them look bad. Plus McFly and Busted do sing and play live quite a lot of the time - I've seen various performances on Top of the Pops and other music shows where they've both sung and played live. Even on Jonathon Ross, Busted played their song and sung it completely live. Its not bands like Busted and McFly that put a bad name on British music - it's Blue and Girls Aloud and the like, that can't even mime in time to the music.

ReputationRep:
    Hey dont feel TOO bad, USA/Canada are also pumping out similar crap - e.g. Avril Lavigne.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Hey dont feel TOO bad, USA/Canada are also pumping out similar crap - e.g. Avril Lavigne.
    Avril Lavigne is hot

and some of her songs are :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious stuff)
    Avril Lavigne is hot

and some of her songs are :cool:
    if u wanna call this hot then go ahead

ReputationRep:
    Yup, that's hot.

Busted and McFly make their money. I highly doubt their fans would care whether they played their instruments or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    if u wanna call this hot then go ahead
    who is then?

Britney?

http://www.deansplanet.com/z/images/...tneyspears.jpg

J-lo?

http://www.deansplanet.com/z/images/...r_lopez_nm.jpg

ReputationRep:
    yes they are too both mingers

ReputationRep:
    As i have a friend in each of the two bands in question, I feel that I must stick up for them! No, they don't play live all the time, but wherever they can (ie the sound system is up to scratch) they at least sing live. I know Harry is really annoyed when he can't play live, because then he has to drum exactly as it is recorded, to stop it looking terrible. That's easier said than done...

ReputationRep:
    Monitoring on TOTP is notoriously dreadful, hence why many bands do not play live. You can't hear yourself singing, so usually most people just sound awful when playing live on there...

ReputationRep:
    Ive seen busted play live 6 times, and they did play and sing live, everytime.

Ive seen mcfly sing live 5 times, and play 0 times.

In conclusion:

Busted > McFly

ReputationRep:
    I'd still do Britney in that photo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Ive seen busted play live 6 times, and they did play and sing live, everytime.

Ive seen mcfly sing live 5 times, and play 0 times.

In conclusion:

Busted > McFly
    McFly did play and sing live when they were number 1 on Top of the Pops - I'm absolutely certain they did.

ReputationRep:
    I hate both of them, they are rock wannabies who are worse than most pop.

ReputationRep:
    Whether they play live or not, what they're "playing" is crap anyway.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.