username2028267
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I resat my AS with my A2 this year, last time I got C in Chemistry, D in Physics and D in Maths, so with resits in Physics and maths and I continued with my A2s in the same year and I got worse that expected ( a ABB-BBB) but got CDE. Should I retake my AS and A2 again in one year or do foundation. If I do foundation, then I will have no scholarships into Uni I guess so. With AAB-ABB I might get a good scholarship. As an international student I have to pay more that locals in the UK. Any advice will be appreciated.Thanks!
heyitscraziix
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't really give advice but my brothers in the same position he's just scared if he fails again... So for that reason he is going to do a foundation course. He feels a bit.. Stupid because he didn't get the right grades but if he resits it's kinda risky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2028267
Rep:
?
(Original post by heyitscraziix)
I can't really give advice but my brothers in the same position he's just scared if he fails again... So for that reason he is going to do a foundation course. He feels a bit.. Stupid because he didn't get the right grades but if he resits it's kinda risky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am really sorry for your brother. I also fear of failing again too. I think I should not be taking any risk now and better apply for a foundation course. If you never mind, are you also doing A levels?
troubadour.
Badges: 19
Report 6 years ago
Are you currently resident in the UK? If so, are you likely to obtain indefinite leave to remain soon? I have a friend in a similar position and he's opted to wait until he gets indefinite leave to remain due to the lack of financial support available to international students. With regards to resits, you may want to do them over two years rather than in one as the pressure may be too much. Without January exams resitting both AS and A2 in the same year requires a Herculean effort.
username2028267
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hydeman)
Are you currently resident in the UK? If so, are you likely to obtain indefinite leave to remain soon? I have a friend in a similar position and he's opted to wait until he gets indefinite leave to remain due to the lack of financial support available to international students. With regards to resits, you may want to do them over two years rather than in one as the pressure may be too much. Without January exams resittng both AS and A2 in the same year requires a Herculean effort.
Hi Hydeman, I am not a resident of the UK at the moment. I gave my A levels from the UAE. I asked some universities regarding financial support, they said that I might get minimum financial support here as I don't pay taxes which UK citizens pay so we are required to pay fees in full. Fees are not subsidized for International students.
I did feel doing AS and A2 together mind boggling for me, I really cannot give each particular unit full attention as I used to when I did my AS alone. I did really well in my AS but I was able to that well in A2.
troubadour.
Badges: 19
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Azhar Rana)
Hi Hydeman, I am not a resident of the UK at the moment. I gave my A levels from the UAE. I asked some universities regarding financial support, they said that I might get minimum financial support here as I don't pay taxes which UK citizens pay so we are required to pay fees in full. Fees are not subsidized for International students.
I did feel doing AS and A2 together mind boggling for me, I really cannot give each particular unit full attention as I used to when I did my AS alone. I did really well in my AS but I was able to that well in A2.
It might be best to email the universities you're applying to directly in that case as there is likely to be limited advice available on their websites given your somewhat unusual circumstances. For home students resits are generally okay unless you're applying for Oxbridge and/or competitive courses like medicine (although there are some universities that do still accept resits for medicine).

Also, scholarships tend to be quite limited in a lot of universities I've looked at and international students are frequently charged ridiculously high fees and, along with living costs, it's unlikely that a scholarship alone could fund you while at university but most of this advice is for home students so it's probably best to check with the universities themselves. Good luck.
username2028267
Rep:
?
Yes I will call the universities and tell them about the situation that I am in. Looking at their fees, I might not be able to pay the uni fees alone. I will do undergraduate course in my home country and if possible I will looking into postgraduate courses in the UK hopefully. I hope everything goes according to the plan. Thanks Hydeman for your advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.74%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.93%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.69%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.73%

Watched Threads