9.8) 5^-3*2.9^11
=1.45^9W

does this make any sense?
Reply 2
9.7:

Flux = BA = 0.15*0.01*0.015 = 2.25x10^-5 Wb

9.8:

just do area * flux again

Not 100% sure, but as a guess try pi*0.025^2 (cross sectional area) then times that by the flux density

Find area from 0.05 * 0.075

Flux linkage =nBA = 120*1.2*0.05 * 0.075

Am i right on any of those (I hope so!!!)
Reply 3
Speciez99
ok flux linkage (amount of flux) = area * flux density

9.7) 0.15* (1^-2)^2
=15^-6W

9.8) 5^-3*2.9^11
=1.45^9W

9.9) area = Pi*r^2
Pi(5^-2)^2
2.5^-3Pi
2.5^-3*Pi*2^-3
=15.7^-6W

9.10)area = 5^-2*75^-2
0.0375m^2
12*0.0375 (or is it 1.2T?)
=0.45W

does this make any sense?

that is absolute fucking bollocks my answers are complete opposite to yours and im an A grade physics student - seriously if you dont know what you're talking about plz stfu
Reply 4
oh dazzy plz praise my answers...PLEASE!!!
Reply 5
ok for absolute starters 9.7:

Flux = BA whic is 0.15 X ( 1.5 x 10^-2 ) remmeber base units are in metres which gives an answer of 2.25 x 10^-5 Wb

for 9.8

Flux = BA 5 x 10^-5 x 2.9 x 10^11

= 1.45 x 10^7 Wb

for 9.9
NFlux = BAN

N = 2 x 10^-3 x 15.7 x 10^-4 x 200

= 6.28 x 10^-4 Wb

and for 9.10

NFlux = BAN = 1.2 x 37.5 x 10^-4 x 120

= 0.54 Wb
Reply 6
see i didnt think in 9.9 you times by the number of turns, because that's flux linkage rather than flux.....although you may be right, i havent revised that bit
Reply 7
Willa
see i didnt think in 9.9 you times by the number of turns, because that's flux linkage rather than flux.....although you may be right, i havent revised that bit

your working is fine :smile:
yes always Nflux = BAN
dazzyaa911
that is absolute fucking bollocks my answers are complete opposite to yours and im an A grade physics student - seriously if you dont know what you're talking about plz stfu

haha, if only you knew... that would be quite insulting if there was actually a grain of truth in it. Firstly i apoligies to nofronting if i have mislead him on the last 2 questions, i am not focused at all. Secoundly whats with the swearing, no where have i clammed to be some sort of God of physics and everyone gets things wrong so whats with the insults?
Reply 9
Speciez99
haha, if only you knew... that would be quite insulting if there was actually a grain of truth in it. Firstly i apoligies to nofronting if i have mislead him on the last 2 questions, i am not focused at all. Secoundly whats with the swearing, no where have i clammed to be some sort of God of physics and everyone gets things wrong so whats with the insults?

if you're going to get him into BAD HABBITS then don't let your fingers touch the keyboard
dazzyaa911
if you're going to get him into BAD HABBITS then don't let your fingers touch the keyboard

so you have not explained at all why you need to swear in an offence manner in this post at all?
and secoundly how is looking at the wrong answer going to get him into bad habits if he eventualy gets the wrong answer, i made a mistake and i am sorry for that, and everyone does at some point. you seem to think i am shite at physics and i seriously resent that.
Reply 11
but 9.9 asks for flux, not flux linkage

the number of turns is related to the flux density, and since they give that to you anyway, it's not required
I'm pretty sure it's just BA, not nBA (In this case that is)
yo
one question about q9.9
i got it all except this one
why didnt you use

NFlux = BIAN ??
cause mine was
Nflux = (2-10^-3) x (200) x (2) x (0.05x0.25)
= 0.01Wb
Reply 13
Speciez99
so you have not explained at all why you need to swear in an offence manner in this post at all?
and secoundly how is looking at the wrong answer going to get him into bad habits if he eventualy gets the wrong answer, i made a mistake and i am sorry for that, and everyone does at some point. you seem to think i am shite at physics and i seriously resent that.

because its not good when someone teaches somebody else bad habbits, PERIOD.

if you are feeling ' unfocussed ' then please, do not answer.
Reply 14
since when does NFlux = BIAN ....never seen current being involves in my life!!! Please explain
dazzyaa911
because its not good when someone teaches somebody else bad habbits, PERIOD.

if you are feeling ' unfocussed ' then please, do not answer.

i am not delebrately teaching him bad habits, when i answered this thread i had no idea whether anyone else was and my intentions were only to do good, so you are still acussing me of being rubbish physics for which you still havent apologied
Reply 16
MalaysianDude
yo
one question about q9.9
i got it all except this one
why didnt you use

NFlux = BIAN ??
cause mine was
Nflux = (2-10^-3) x (200) x (2) x (0.05x0.25)
= 0.01Wb

its definately not 0.01Wb, thats way way WAY TOO BIG
Reply 17
Speciez99
i am not delebrately teaching him bad habits, when i answered this thread i had no idea whether anyone else was and my intentions were only to do good, so you are still acussing me of being rubbish physics for which you still havent apologied

where did i say you were rubbish at physics? and why do i need to apologise? omg i didn't hurt you did i by correcting you?
Reply 18
you just multiplied everything together...regardless of whether BIAN is a correct formula or whatever....length has nothing to do with this i'm sure!?
dazzyaa911
where did i say you were rubbish at physics? and why do i need to apologise? omg i didn't hurt you did i by correcting you?

dazzyaa911

the bit where you say i dont know anything about physics is the bit that says if you don't know what you are talking about plz stfu
and you need to apologies because on that matter you are wrong

Latest

Trending

Trending