How To View Your "Post Ranking" Watch

This discussion is closed.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
nah, I was still up then watching television and chatting to my friends on the phone!
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fair enough. What was will and grace and scrubs like last night? I miss friday night british tv, especially My family, and Have I got news for you, as well as Friends (can't believe the way the left it on such a cliff hanger at the end of the last season), They think it's all over, Big impresions, etc *he says in a wishful voice*

Phil
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by PHIL
Fair enough. What was will and grace and scrubs like last night?
They were both brilliant (sorry)- i so love them, fridays wouldn't be the same without channel 4 (i miss friends tho)
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how sad...2 posts on the same thread in a row...

am gutted though...i wa once 8th, now i'm only 13th : (
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well we're all being deprivd of Have I Got News For You at the moment...don't know when the new series is supposed to be starting...I hope they ask Boris Johnson back on to host, him and his coconuts amused me greatly...
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i like boris johnson occasionally- but i prefer him as a panalist not presenter- they take the p*** oput of him too much and most of the time he's just in his own liitle world.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Boris Johnson was great on that show, but can you imagin if he was ever in power. Scarry thought isn't it. I think they should get back Deayton, he was classic. Did you see the one where paul merton got the t-shirt of the front page of the sun.

Phil
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah...they had to fire him basically because they felt it would be hard to mock guests coz they's just bring up his little misadventures every time in return...
Did you see Paul Merton on ...I think it was Parkinson, and they were talking about it and Parkinson said that he's stabbed him in the back and Merton was like 'no we stabbed him in the front' and said he's never really liked him anyway!
But they were a great trio on the programme...ah well...
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They were a classic trio, and always hilarious. Did you get the best of DVD, it had me laughing for hours, it was so funny. Merton's a bit wierd though, cause you don't always know if he's being serious or not, and it takes him a while to warm up, and get into it properly. I was very dissapointed by the Charlotte Church 1, which sucked bigtime. Also, when Jeremy Clarkson whent on, he's usually funny, but he was outclassed, and uncomfortable, and said almost nowt.

Phil
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah I thought the Charlotte Church one was bad...I thought she looked like she didn't really understand the jokes/puns they were making alot of the time- just sort of giggled half heartedly...must have been pretty nerve racking I guess - she's only what? 17?
I personally like merton- although (on a superficial note) can't say I think his beard very fetching !
They must both incredibly clever and fast thinking to get in some of their jokes/puns etc

Egan

P.S- yey! I'm number 10 on the posters list :P -to go back to the topic of the thread
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Looking through the list of members, why are there so many people who have registered, but never posted?

Sorry this has nothing to do with hignfy!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Dam

Sorry this has nothing to do with hignfy!
lol- don't be sorry! we've lead the thread astray- appologies :P
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oops...that was me
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
As the thread starter, I can honestly say that....I DONT CARE HOW OFF TOPIC IT GETS!!!

Infact, here are some suggestions for further development:

1) Estimating George Bush's IQ!
2) Is Bill Gates really satan in disguise?
3) Is Gerrard Houlier completely stupid? (Harry Kewell is not a right-sided player!!!)
4) How badly am I going to fail my AS's? (my guess = U,U,U,U)
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I can estimate answers for 3 of those q's.

1. 0
2. yes, look at my avatar
3. don't know, probably
4. you'll be alright (just pray a lot, and give a lot to charity,etc.

Yeah, as for Have I got News for You, Merton, and Hislop are comic geniuses, to be able to think so fast. Who do you reckon was the best presenter?

Phil
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Leekey
As the thread starter, I can honestly say that....I DONT CARE HOW OFF TOPIC IT GETS!!!

Infact, here are some suggestions for further development:

1) Estimating George Bush's IQ!
2) Is Bill Gates really satan in disguise?
3) Is Gerrard Houlier completely stupid? (Harry Kewell is not a right-sided player!!!)
4) How badly am I going to fail my AS's? (my guess = U,U,U,U)
1) He might have gained some of Tony Blair's limited IQ given the fact that Blair has his head so far up George "Double Yuh" Bush's arse.

2) What ever he is, he's bloody rich.

3) Liverpool were playing far better football under Phil Thompson.

4) Only you have an idea of how you did in your exams, though normally you underestimate yourself, as you focus on the mistakes you made rather than the work that will be correct.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
We were playing much better under Thommo but for some reason we feel the need to keep a manager who is tactically impotent, lacking in imagination and clearly not willing to spend money that is there!

I hate trying to predict my grades / results! I tried it with my GCSE's and I got 1 right. I ended up with 14 A-C's but in my prediction I estimated myself 7 A-C's. So I think you are probably right about people underestimating themselves (with the exception of electronics this year - I know I failed that!).
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Expression, your answer to q1 was absolutely spot on.

Phil
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wondered if it would be moderated out for poor language but I'm glad someone picked up on it !

Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I reckon George Bush and Tony Blair are both idiots. Tony Blair follows Bush anround like a puppy dog. They probably both have low IQs.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (24)
16.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (23)
15.97%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (29)
20.14%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (57)
39.58%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (4)
2.78%
No particular grades needed (7)
4.86%