Jess.2244
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys! Anyone starting Adult Nursing February 2016?

Be nice to know some people before I move down there..

Also, where's everyone stayin at? I haven't sorted it out yet as they said they are going to send me a emila, anyone else in the same boat?
Jadearia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jess.2244)
Hey guys! Anyone starting Adult Nursing February 2016?

Be nice to know some people before I move down there..

Also, where's everyone stayin at? I haven't sorted it out yet as they said they are going to send me a emila, anyone else in the same boat?
Hiya Jess! Thank god I've found somebody that's starting in February 2016 I've been looking through threads for ages. I'm Jade I'm 22 and starting adult nursing in February, excited now just needing to sort out my nhs bursary 🙈 xx
Jess.2244
Rep:
?
Hello! So glad for a reply of somebody! I'm excited too, nearly sorted out nhs bursary, just need to think of accommodation now. Have you sorted that or are you staying at home? xx
Jadearia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know! It seems like there's loads of people for sept intake but nobody for Feb! I'm commuting from home. Where are you from? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jess.2244
Rep:
?
I was thinking the same! And I'm from Nottinghamshire, you? X
Jadearia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm from Reading, I'll be commuting, are u moving to the Uxbridge area? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jess.2244
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jadearia)
I'm from Reading, I'll be commuting, are u moving to the Uxbridge area? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really don't know what accommodation to go for :/ I'm having to move with it being 2+ hours away :/ x
Mummy2one
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi
I am starting child nursing in Feb16 and commuting from Milton Keynes.

I believe we are all in together for the first year?
Jadearia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, aww that's good to know I wasn't sure if we was all in together or not. I see your a mummy to one! Same here, I'm sure this course will be lots of fun alongside motherhood lol. Have u received any induction letters or anything? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mummy2one
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have been wondering if anyone else was on this course with me 😃
How old is your little one?
I can imagine it will be challenging but well worth it. I haven't had anything yet. Have you? Maybe they are sorting th September starters out first, then once they are settled after Xmas we will start receiving start dates and timetables etc??
Where are you commuting from?
Jadearia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I think the same, once September intake is out the way we should be hearing something! I'm dying to know what timetables are like so I can arrange my sons childcare. He's 2years old how old is yours? I'm commuting from Reading! Aw it's going to be well worth it I'm so excited xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mummy2one
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I emailed admissions today and asked about a start date and timetables. They replied saying our start date will be decided in December and when we receive our student ID number from them, we will be able to access our timetables online, but this may not be until after the new year.
My daughter just turned 3. Same as you, I want to make sure childcare is sorted in advance. Especially as at uni I will be about an hour away from home so need a back up plan incase of illnesses etc. have you worked in a care/ hospital setting before?
Jadearia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh I see! I just want to start now lol, Feb seems ages away! I spoke to some students from last year and they were saying we could be in 2 days a week with an extra session day each week? Doesn't sound too bad..guess we'll have to wait and c! Yeah I worked in a residential home alongside college u? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mummy2one
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah we were told at the interview they aim for 2 days a week as a majority of their students commute - so they try to do 2 full days rather than 5 short days or lectures scattered here and there .
I worked as a HCA on an adult ward for a year and have now been on the children's ward as a HCA for 15 months.
I love it, but am ready for a new challenge now.
I wonder where all the other students are lol seems it's only us 2 so far.
Once we get Christmas out the way, the tim will fly by.
gmg91
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys! Congrats on your offers! I will also be starting adult nursing in Feb! So excited!
Jess.2244
Rep:
?
(Original post by gmg91)
Hey guys! Congrats on your offers! I will also be starting adult nursing in Feb! So excited!

Hey are you commuting like the others or are you staying in accommodation? X
gmg91
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey Jess, I'll be staying in accommodation... but I don't know if that will be student halls or somewhere in Uxbridge. Have you decided where you are going to try and stay yet? x
Jess.2244
Rep:
?
(Original post by gmg91)
Hey Jess, I'll be staying in accommodation... but I don't know if that will be student halls or somewhere in Uxbridge. Have you decided where you are going to try and stay yet? x
What's your name? And I've been thinking about which to go for, really not sure.. Waiting on a email in November time on information x
Aisling94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm starting adult nursing in February too
gmg91
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jess.2244)
What's your name? And I've been thinking about which to go for, really not sure.. Waiting on a email in November time on information x
Haha sorry it's Gemma. Its all a bit exciting to be honest. I just want to start now. Have you sorted you NHS bursary out yet? x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (50)
28.74%
No (124)
71.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed