The Student Room Group

How long to self teach AS edexcel maths?

Hey guys,
So I decided I am going to learn as much of C1,C2,FP1,S1 (in that order) as I can in the next 2 weeks.
For those who have done AS maths, how long do you think it will take if I do around 2.5hrs a day and how many units do you therefore think I will be able to cover?
Thanks
Original post by theworkkid

Another "how long is a piece of string" thread.

We don't know you and we don't know your capabilities so it is impossible to answer your question.

What is the point of this plan anyway? Why not enjoy the remainder of your holiday?
Reply 2
That is why its a thread!
A rough idea would be nice considering I have no idea what so ever?

And the reason is because I have to self teach it as I'm doing extra As subjects so it would be helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
1 day per unit
As a rule of thumb, for me each Edexcel chapter takes about 1 hour for me to learn the content of, and practice a few questions here and there, but not everything. The important bit, of doing as many questions as possible can be done for revision.
Original post by theworkkid
Hey guys,
So I decided I am going to learn as much of C1,C2,FP1,S1 (in that order) as I can in the next 2 weeks.
For those who have done AS maths, how long do you think it will take if I do around 2.5hrs a day and how many units do you therefore think I will be able to cover?
Thanks

C1 is just going over it and doing questions. It'll take a few days if you're good at maths. C2 will take, most probably, 5 days to a week- dependant on how good you are at maths and how long you're willing to work for in a day.

Haven't done S1 or FP1 so I can't answer that.

Good luck!
Reply 6
Thanks guys
Aim to finish c1 and c2 by sunday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Mr M
Another "how long is a piece of string" thread.

We don't know you and we don't know your capabilities so it is impossible to answer your question.

What is the point of this plan anyway? Why not enjoy the remainder of your holiday?

How much time do you spend teaching your students AS FM?
Original post by FTSE420
How much time do you spend teaching your students AS FM?

They get about 130 hours of face to face contact but the guided learning hours for an AS is 180 hours.
Reply 9
Original post by Mr M
They get about 130 hours of face to face contact but the guided learning hours for an AS is 180 hours.

Does that 180 hours include out-of-school work or is that just raw teaching time?
Original post by FTSE420
Does that 180 hours include out-of-school work or is that just raw teaching time?

That can include assignments and so on.
Reply 11
C1 took like 2 hours to learn - its the SAME as GCSE maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest