The Student Room Group

OCR AS/A2 Marking

Does anyone else feel as if OCR marking has been harsh and unfair? anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raven1998
Does anyone else feel as if OCR marking has been harsh and unfair? anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! There will only be about 10 people in A2 Psychology this year because most people got E's and U's :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by emiloujess
Yep! There will only be about 10 people in A2 Psychology this year because most people got E's and U's :frown:

oh wow are there any people going for remarks?

I'm really disappointed with my english lit grade to be honest, I walked out feeling so good about the exam thinking I got an A\B on the paper but come results day english lit shocked me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I will never forget OCR's applied ICT course which is severely outdated. Glad my school are no longer teaching the course. My flash escape the room game was marked on the same boundaries as a dress up game hich is a far easier game to do needing only a couple lines of code. The worse thing was that OCRs website is just too hard to navigate and there are littlw to no resources for the course. And my friends who do psychologu had all failed, literally dont understand OCR's methods :/
oh wow are there any people going for remarks?

I'm really disappointed with my english lit grade to be honest, I walked out feeling so good about the exam thinking I got an A\B on the paper but come results day english lit shocked me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe, I don't know... I was one of the lucky ones who didn't fail and I'm considering going for a remark because I'm only 2UMS away from the next grade :smile: How did you do in your other subjects?
Reply 5
Original post by Collapsix
I will never forget OCR's applied ICT course which is severely outdated. Glad my school are no longer teaching the course. My flash escape the room game was marked on the same boundaries as a dress up game hich is a far easier game to do needing only a couple lines of code. The worse thing was that OCRs website is just too hard to navigate and there are littlw to no resources for the course. And my friends who do psychologu had all failed, literally dont understand OCR's methods :/

haha a dress up game aswell, but I guess that's OCR for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Maybe, I don't know... I was one of the lucky ones who didn't fail and I'm considering going for a remark because I'm only 2UMS away from the next grade :smile: How did you do in your other subjects?

congrats, 2 ums there can't be any harm in going for a remark, oh yeah I did fairly well but not as expected :frown: Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes definitely I got a C in biology! I didn't think I did that bad but clearly OCR had other opinions
congrats, 2 ums there can't be any harm in going for a remark, oh yeah I did fairly well but not as expected :frown: Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have repeated year 12 with different subjects because last year I got EEUU :frown: This year I got an A in Sociology (AQA), B in Psychology (OCR) and C in Film Studies (5UMS off a B, WJEC)

:smile:
Reply 9
I have repeated year 12 with different subjects because last year I got EEUU :frown: This year I got an A in Sociology (AQA), B in Psychology (OCR) and C in Film Studies (5UMS off a B, WJEC)

:smile:

that's actually a great improvement, that is something to be proud of well done! :smile: what you planning to do in Uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by TrayTrayDinh
Yes definitely I got a C in biology! I didn't think I did that bad but clearly OCR had other opinions

are you going to resit or remark it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
are you going to resit or remark it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I want an A/B so I will resit but I'm gonna talk to my teacher whether it is worth it to remark i was 9ums off an B
yes yes yes! In my first sociology exam I got a C and an A in the second which has averaged out as a B. I got 67 ums in the first which is quite poor considering i was getting As all year :frown: I'm 4ums off an A though so am sending it for a remark :smile:
I thought they were generous for Computing AS, i thought i failed one of my papers and i got 92 UMS.

Although i did hear OCR Physics marking was abysmal
Reply 14
Original post by Bobjim12
I thought they were generous for Computing AS, i thought i failed one of my papers and i got 92 UMS.

Although i did hear OCR Physics marking was abysmal

well, f451 was a shock to me... i expected much better in that unit...

Ooh another OCR AS psychology student, hardly see anyone else who does it on this forum.

I got a B in psychology, both exams. One was just inside the UMS grade boundary (1st exam), other was 5 UMS off an A. I'm not entirely sure how the rest of my class did but I spoke to one girl and she got an A (she was one of the ones who actually tried though).

I think the reason most wouldn't have done well is the 2nd exam itself, the 12 marker on ethics and the 6 marker on strengths and weaknesses (of whatever the specific thing was) were just so different to most of the past papers, and I don't think anybody was really prepared for those sorts of questions (I wasn't for ethics, I probably lost a good few marks on it).
Original post by Yousf
well, f451 was a shock to me... i expected much better in that unit...

f452 was the one i detested, f451 i thought was a decent paper,

BUT

ALGORITHMS

FOUR!!!!!!!!!

I thought i flopped it so bad, i'm horrible at algorithms
Reply 17
Original post by Bobjim12
f452 was the one i detested, f451 i thought was a decent paper,

BUT

ALGORITHMS

FOUR!!!!!!!!!

I thought i flopped it so bad, i'm horrible at algorithms

Exactly f452 was so hard!!!! Are you gona do AS computing next year?
Also how was your score in f451, because loads of people i know including myself expected a better mark in f451, i agree f451 was a good paper, i was expecting 90ums but i got nowhere near that? Congratulations on your 92 ums on f452
Reply 18
Original post by TrayTrayDinh
Well I want an A/B so I will resit but I'm gonna talk to my teacher whether it is worth it to remark i was 9ums off an B

I asked my teacher and she told me to go for it, didn't request for a photocopy though :/ yeah for sciences I would request a photocopy first unless you thought it deserved way better or expected a grade higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Yousf
Exactly f452 was so hard!!!! Are you gona do AS computing next year?
Also how was your score in f451, because loads of people i know including myself expected a better mark in f451, i agree f451 was a good paper, i was expecting 90ums but i got nowhere near that? Congratulations on your 92 ums on f452

I think you mean A2? In that case i think i will, deciding between that or Physics.
My f451 score was 93 UMS, which was a little more than expected, i thought i did well but nowehere near as high! What were your scores?

Oh and thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest