The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Mean nothing at all. They are called Avatars and thats about it. They serve no purpose at all except to liven up the board a bit.
Some people, like me however, prefer lovely signatures. See my post in the topic signatures for more details and pictures!
there must b a reason for them surely.....i mean...envelopes dont exactly make the page thrilling...! x ox
Nothing just to add colour.

If you want your own. Speak to Ollie through PM and he'll sort you out!
ok no uve got me all wrong. u think i mean those picture things beneath ur name, like ur pig thing. i dont. i mean, u know on the main screen where u see the topics? look to the left and look at the wee tiny envelopes. what r they.

x o x
Reply 6
hmm... good question, i thin it relates to age and number of posts, eg, one with few posts have a envelope just opened, thats one for d i think!
One in red is a "Popular" thread with new messages, since the last time you signed in.

One in yellow is a thread (with less posts), with new messages, since the last time you signed in.

Hense for the two above there are open envelopes.

A grey one simply means there's nowt new.

Those with black dots in, no matter what colour the envelope, are threads you have contributed to.

Then theres the ones with the padlocks on which are LOCKED, ie you can no longer contribute to it.

Latest

Trending

Trending