the wee envelope picture things

Watch
This discussion is closed.
LittleMissSmile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
u know those things to the side of the post title, what exactly do they mean? one looks like its been blown to pieces by Al Qaeda. x o x
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
Mean nothing at all. They are called Avatars and thats about it. They serve no purpose at all except to liven up the board a bit.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Some people, like me however, prefer lovely signatures. See my post in the topic signatures for more details and pictures!
LittleMissSmile
Rep:
?
there must b a reason for them surely.....i mean...envelopes dont exactly make the page thrilling...! x ox
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nothing just to add colour.

If you want your own. Speak to Ollie through PM and he'll sort you out!
LittleMissSmile
Rep:
?
ok no uve got me all wrong. u think i mean those picture things beneath ur name, like ur pig thing. i dont. i mean, u know on the main screen where u see the topics? look to the left and look at the wee tiny envelopes. what r they.

x o x
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmm... good question, i thin it relates to age and number of posts, eg, one with few posts have a envelope just opened, thats one for d i think!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
One in red is a "Popular" thread with new messages, since the last time you signed in.

One in yellow is a thread (with less posts), with new messages, since the last time you signed in.

Hense for the two above there are open envelopes.

A grey one simply means there's nowt new.

Those with black dots in, no matter what colour the envelope, are threads you have contributed to.

Then theres the ones with the padlocks on which are LOCKED, ie you can no longer contribute to it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (35)
7.8%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (37)
8.24%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (109)
24.28%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (60)
13.36%
No, nothing has changed (134)
29.84%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (74)
16.48%

Watched Threads