Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I feel soooooooo sorry for him. He served to try and win the set. He had 2 match points, and he choked. He deserved to win the championship, and I only hope that he can come back and win again. it will take him a while to get over it, but hopefully he will do so.
    But, it was a brilliant comeback from Gaudio, but Coria should have won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I feel soooooooo sorry for him. He served to try and win the set. He had 2 match points, and he choked. He deserved to win the championship, and I only hope that he can come back and win again. it will take him a while to get over it, but hopefully he will do so.
    what was the final score?
    i know Gaudio lost the first set 6-0, but what happened after that..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    i didnt watch the whole match but coria was thrashing gaudio in the beginning right? what happened

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i didnt watch the whole match but coria was thrashing gaudio in the beginning right? what happened
    i think coria won the first 2 sets...maybe

ReputationRep:
    did coria get injured?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    did coria get injured?
    Yeah, apparantly he was injured. So maybe it was a mixture of choking and was choking. Very unlucky.
    Here's the story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3779383.stm

ReputationRep:
    Gaudio won the 5th set 8-6. Coria was playing beautifully in the first two sets, then went right off. If you watched at the end, you'd have seen Coria drinking and skipping, desperately trying to not get cramp.

ReputationRep:
    G. Coria 6 6 4 1 6

G. Gaudio 0 3 6 6 8

Was a good match, personally i didn't want coria to win.

ReputationRep:
    im glad he lost that will teach him for beating henman!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzaWazza)
    G. Coria 6 6 4 1 6

G. Gaudio 0 3 6 6 8

Was a good match, personally i didn't want coria to win.
    Nah, I wanted him to win. He deserved to win. And plus, it's better to get beaten by the guy who eventually becomes the champion.

ReputationRep:
    I was completely shocked. I didn't even watch the match because I was so sure Coria would win. But he didn't win the championship, and I'm kind of happy!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.