The Student Room Group

Do I retake my AS Religious ethics paper?

Okay so I got 95/100 (A) for the philosophy of religion paper and 78/100 (B) for my religious ethics paper. Overall this was an A but I was hoping for an A* next year. Is it worth retaking my ethics or can I still get an A* with 173 UMS at AS if I work super hard next year?

Thank you
Reply 1
I might be wrong but I swear for an A* you need 80% overall of both AS and A2 combined, and 90% in the A2 units. Since you already have 80% in AS this means there would be no point retaking. Of course I may be completely wrong considoring I don't even know how UMS works, so feel free to correct me.

Even if you did decide a retake is best, since this would only be the second time you sat the paper your best mark you got for it would be the one counted, so it can only go up.
Reply 2
Original post by sadface
I might be wrong but I swear for an A* you need 80% overall of both AS and A2 combined, and 90% in the A2 units. Since you already have 80% in AS this means there would be no point retaking. Of course I may be completely wrong considoring I don't even know how UMS works, so feel free to correct me.

Even if you did decide a retake is best, since this would only be the second time you sat the paper your best mark you got for it would be the one counted, so it can only go up.

As far as I know I need 90% average I think... I know every UMS counts, I think I have to get 360/400 next year overall for the A*.

I didn't realise the best mark stands!! This is the lowest mark I've got in Ethics all year so hopefully it would go up :smile: But knowing that makes me think I should probably go for it if I can judge my grade up a little.

Thank you for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest